My phone keeps prompting for update, but it never finishes

ArtieTheOneManParty

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
My wife's phone prompts for a system update every day. it says it is the 605.2 update. It says that it is downloaded and ready to install/reboot. I select the option, and it just sits there. After a few minutes, I get a screen that shows ok and cancel on it in a few places, along with the cancel install button at the bottom. it just sits there. if I hit the cancel button at the bottom, not much happens until I hit the back button.

Her phone is running 2.3.4, and the current software number is 4.06.605.3. It looks like she has 552mb of free phone storage as well. If I check for system updates, it says the phone is up to date.

what gives?

r007

1337 Member
May 23, 2011
Visit site
My wife's phone prompts for a system update every day. it says it is the 605.2 update. It says that it is downloaded and ready to install/reboot. I select the option, and it just sits there. After a few minutes, I get a screen that shows ok and cancel on it in a few places, along with the cancel install button at the bottom. it just sits there. if I hit the cancel button at the bottom, not much happens until I hit the back button.

Her phone is running 2.3.4, and the current software number is 4.06.605.3. It looks like she has 552mb of free phone storage as well. If I check for system updates, it says the phone is up to date.

what gives?

The latest software number is 4.08.605.2.

I had the same problem too and This post helped make it so the update would stick.

jestergod

Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
my phone kept prompting to reboot to install the update, but it never did. what i ended up doing was using the RUU file from this site: Stock Images | PvilleComp's and that cured it. then when the next patch got pushed before i was done doing the setup, i was able to install that just fine from the OTA.