I heard somewhere that someone emailed HTC and they replied saying the battery life issue would be resolved in a ROM update. I emailed HTC myself, and got the same response (with no ETA). Just thought I'd let you guys know.
    05-26-2010 05:38 PM
    Cool thanks man
    05-26-2010 06:57 PM
    saweet. lets hope so...
    05-26-2010 07:38 PM
    I hope so. I would love to see it in Froyo. If I could just make it though a day I would be so happy. I mean its a little ridiculous when i just take it off and never touch my phone and 2 mins later its at 97%. Please fix the battery issue with the Froyo release
    05-26-2010 07:57 PM
    Froyo + battery life improvement = bliss

I want both so badly =]
    05-26-2010 08:11 PM
    I hope so. I would love to see it in Froyo. If I could just make it though a day I would be so happy. I mean its a little ridiculous when i just take it off and never touch my phone and 2 mins later its at 97%. Please fix the battery issue with the Froyo release
    Here's what I do...see if it helps you. (Yeah, I know, a PIA)

I plug my phone in at night. When I get up, I'll check emails, messages, etc. When I'm done that, I turn the phone off and plug it back in. Go take care of the three Ss (with two of the Ss being shower and shave) and when I'm done, the green light is back on. If you want to wait for the green light, it will take anywhere from 15 minutes to a half hour.

I consider myself to be a light to moderate user of the phone. I do mostly reading (30-45 min/day) and Pandora (30-45 min/day while walking the dog) I plug in at night to a ~ 50% battery.

Hopefully, my new 1700 mAh battery will be in next week. I'm hoping Froyo or a ROM release fixes the having to turn the unit off and plugging back in issue. As a former Blackberry Storm user, it's a bigger pain in the *** than a daily battery pull.
    05-29-2010 03:15 PM
    People with Froyo are already reporting that the battery life is dramatically better, so maybe HTC doesn't even need to come out with any OTAs, as it seems the next OS update will do
    05-29-2010 04:52 PM
    People with Froyo are already reporting that the battery life is dramatically better, so maybe HTC doesn't even need to come out with any OTAs, as it seems the next OS update will do
    That would be annoying if they don't fix this issue... They told me it has to do specifically the phone has antenna problems and is always searching for stronger service which sucks the battery.

Better battery (Froyo + no issue) > good battery (Froyo)

:P
    05-29-2010 05:23 PM
    That would be annoying if they don't fix this issue... They told me it has to do specifically the phone has antenna problems and is always searching for stronger service which sucks the battery.

Better battery (Froyo + no issue) > good battery (Froyo)

:P
    Word.
    05-29-2010 05:27 PM
    I really think that the battery issues are software related. Not only does the battery drain fast it also charges fast. No other phone that I've ever had charges as fast as this one. From 10% to fully charged is right about an hour. On my nexus from 10% to fully charged is over two hours. Using the same charger. Li-on batteries like slow charges. So I'm going to test to see if the battery life is any different using a low amp charger. I'm in the process of hunting one down for this. The usb charges at .450 mA. I'm trying to find one around the .300 mA range.
    05-29-2010 06:55 PM
    I really think that the battery issues are software related. Not only does the battery drain fast it also charges fast. No other phone that I've ever had charges as fast as this one. From 10% to fully charged is right about an hour. On my nexus from 10% to fully charged is over two hours. Using the same charger. Li-on batteries like slow charges. So I'm going to test to see if the battery life is any different using a low amp charger. I'm in the process of hunting one down for this. The usb charges at .450 mA. I'm trying to find one around the .300 mA range.
    Possibly sense ui?? Possibly...
    05-29-2010 07:51 PM
    Possibly sense ui?? Possibly...
    Sense shouldn't be affecting how quickly the battery can charge.

But I have noticed a super quick charging battery as well. I ordered the 1750mAh bat anyways though =P
    05-29-2010 08:03 PM
    Do you guys think we will really see a fix ?
    05-29-2010 09:10 PM
    HOLY SMOKES BATMAN did u really need to post this? i mean dam i got the same response as the other thread. but hey this buds for you keep us up to date we really need it peaze out.
    05-29-2010 09:13 PM
    I emailed HTC about why the Inc doesn't have a choice to disable Sense but the Evo did. Hopefully I'll get an answer soon.
    05-29-2010 09:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD