About ready to plunge into Android world...

tourboy

May 27, 2010
Visit site
Please forgive me, but up to now have been living in the BB world, but no more...time has come to plunge into Android world :D

Have my Incredible on order and trying to decide whether upgrading to the Seidio Innocell 1750 mAh Battery is the way to go, get the Seidio Innocase II Surface and/or invisible shield/screen protector, as well as determining the MUST HAVE apps and widgets.

While looking into batteries heard about a Battery Left Widget?

I expect some learning curve, but I am looking forward to it.

Any and all feedback/comments would be appreciated.

Oh, btw, what is Swype?

Legobricke

May 20, 2010
Visit site
Welcome!

I too am a convert to the world of Android over the Blackberry lifestyle...

Safe to say, I can't wait for my Droid to arrive and kick this STORM to the curb.

So, that being said.... You can't go wrong with Seidio Innocell 1750 mAh Battery and the Seidio Innocase II Surface (I ordered 2... one ash grey... other sapphire blue along with the holster)....

I ordered mine up last week.... and it's always good to have a spare battery around.

As for the screen protector, I have heard very good things about the SGP Steinheil Crystal Clear shield.... As I have ordered these and awaiting delivery, they have been going in and out of stock of late....

So... welcome aboard again....

Lego!

rugbyua9

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
Please forgive me, but up to now have been living in the BB world, but no more...time has come to plunge into Android world :D

Have my Incredible on order and trying to decide whether upgrading to the Seidio Innocell 1750 mAh Battery is the way to go, get the Seidio Innocase II Surface and/or invisible shield/screen protector, as well as determining the MUST HAVE apps and widgets.

Oh, btw, what is Swype?

WELCOME TO ANDROID!!!

Don't have much input on this thread but I am too a Blackberry Storm 2 convert to the Incredible. You won't be disappointed with Android. Much more stable and much more fast than the RIM junk (and yes, i was a loyal BB user for many years). Best decision I made was to jump on the Incredible (Android OS).

tourboy

May 27, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the Welcome! :D

Guess that is where I am confused, with the Seidio Innocase II Surface case, do you need something like the SGP Steinheil Crystal Clear shield or is that redundant as I thought the Seidio Innocase II Surface case is kind of like an all in one?

Welcome!

I too am a convert to the world of Android over the Blackberry lifestyle...

Safe to say, I can't wait for my Droid to arrive and kick this STORM to the curb.

So, that being said.... You can't go wrong with Seidio Innocell 1750 mAh Battery and the Seidio Innocase II Surface (I ordered 2... one ash grey... other sapphire blue along with the holster)....

I ordered mine up last week.... and it's always good to have a spare battery around.

As for the screen protector, I have heard very good things about the SGP Steinheil Crystal Clear shield.... As I have ordered these and awaiting delivery, they have been going in and out of stock of late....

So... welcome aboard again....

Lego!

dspcap

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I also came from the BB world, I had the Tour.

To answer a few of your questions:
  • The first few days my battery life was horrible, but after a few good charges, it's been much better. I charge each night and after a full day, I plug in around 40%. I think it's all going to depend on what you are running and how heavy of a user you are. I would give the battery a week before deciding if you need another.
  • I put a phantomskinz screen protector on and it's been really nice...
  • I am using "Battery Indicator"
  • I've used the Seidio cases a lot in the past, but I think I am going to wait for otterbox to see what they deliver.

After using the Incredible for a few days, you won't look back.

ShannonDavis

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
My opinion:

Welcome to Android. Get the battery. I have a belt holster that also fits a dash mount. I don't have a case. Also, I don't have screen protectors. I switched from a Storm1. Glass screen. You are not likely to scratch the screen on your droid so (again this is my opinion) don't waste your money on the ridiculously priced screen protectors.

I loved my Storm 1. I love this Incredible three times as much. Voice to text, navigate, tethering, and multitasking all made easy.

YOU WILL LOVE THIS PHONE!

Kyle Gibb

May 17, 2010
Visit site
The Inc rocks. You will love it.

Take a look at the guides I have done, they are linked in my signature below. The iTunes one is probs the most useful though =]

Good luck!

tourboy

May 27, 2010
Visit site
Great to hear!

So you mean you don't use any type of case or invisible shield covering?

Was also looking at the High Gloss Silicone Protective Cover

My opinion:

Welcome to Android. Get the battery. I have a belt holster that also fits a dash mount. I don't have a case. Also, I don't have screen protectors. I switched from a Storm1. Glass screen. You are not likely to scratch the screen on your droid so (again this is my opinion) don't waste your money on the ridiculously priced screen protectors.

I loved my Storm 1. I love this Incredible three times as much. Voice to text, navigate, tethering, and multitasking all made easy.

YOU WILL LOVE THIS PHONE!

nightfishing#AC

May 3, 2010
Visit site

Oh, btw, what is Swype?

I am pretty solidly getting a day out of the Seido 1750 (16+ hours) as long as I am not in the sticks.

Innocase is in the mail (somewhere between Texas and NY). Loved it on my BBs, hoping for the same on the Inc.

I have tried the Boxwave AG's and the Steinheil CC's and will probably stay naked with the screen. I'm a holster guy not a pocket guy so I am not too concerned about scratches.

I highly recommend Battery Left. Much more useful than %/bar indicators and has proven to be very accurate.

Lot's of BB converts around, so you won't feel alone. Email is the only tough part to get used to, everything else will make you forget the BB in a heartbeat.

Oh, and Swype OWNS SureType ;)

rew001

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
Innocase II by Seidio is THE best case solution for a smartphone. And my wife and I have gone through a ton of options. Seidio makes a very nice product.
Ours should be delivered today.
I also do not use a screen protector. Like someone above said, the screen is glass, and I've yet to scratch a glass screen on any smartphone. Plus I don't like the "tacky" feel of all these "screen protectors".
Just go with a nice case/holster combo from a company like Seidio, and you're set, IMO.

tourboy

May 27, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the advice :)

And no real need then for the Invisible Shield with the Innocase II?

Innocase II by Seidio is THE best case solution for a smartphone. And my wife and I have gone through a ton of options. Seidio makes a very nice product.
Ours should be delivered today.
I also do not use a screen protector. Like someone above said, the screen is glass, and I've yet to scratch a glass screen on any smartphone. Plus I don't like the "tacky" feel of all these "screen protectors".
Just go with a nice case/holster combo from a company like Seidio, and you're set, IMO.

rew001

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the advice :)

And no real need then for the Invisible Shield with the Innocase II?

Well the Innocase doesn't provide any protection for the screen, except for covering the bezel. With the innocase on the incredible, you can place the phone face down and not worry about having it sit on the glass. It is my opinion however, that screen protectors are not necessary for a glass screen. I do not use one and have never used one, except briefly on my old iPhone. That being said, I suppose if you're extremely rough on your phone, or maybe you have earrings or something that could potentially grind against the phone, when in use, maybe you'd need one. But for typical use, I dont' think they're necessary.

tourboy

May 27, 2010
Visit site
Sounds like no need then; generally take good care of my stuff.:)

Did you opt for the Holster with it?

Well the Innocase doesn't provide any protection for the screen, except for covering the bezel. With the innocase on the incredible, you can place the phone face down and not worry about having it sit on the glass. It is my opinion however, that screen protectors are not necessary for a glass screen. I do not use one and have never used one, except briefly on my old iPhone. That being said, I suppose if you're extremely rough on your phone, or maybe you have earrings or something that could potentially grind against the phone, when in use, maybe you'd need one. But for typical use, I dont' think they're necessary.

Last edited:

Groucho

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Just to offer another experience I have returned three Seido cases in the past year (all for a Storm). I found there quality control shoddy and the cases not near as well made as Incipio models. I bought the VZW black silicon case on release day with my new device just so I would have protection until the case selection was larger. I now have no intention of replacing this reasonably priced case. It fits great, adds just enough bulk to the phone to make it feel right in my hand and picks up no lint or dust and I am a phone in the pocket kind guy. I do have a VZW screen protector on it because much as I try the INC ends up in the pocket with the keys most of the time. Just my experience for what it is worth.

dspcap

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I agree with BallCoach on Seidio and the screen protector. If you are going to put the phone in your pocket, having a screen protector is a piece of mind. They are like $6.00 on sale... All personal preference!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital