Im confused. I plug my phone in at night and then the next day no notifcations work. No text notifcation sound, no email notification sound.. Only thing I do before I plug it in is turn the phone to vibrate on the sound bar. Then when I get up I unplug it and turn up the volume. The settings for all notifications are on. And if I try to change the different sounds, it doesn't even preview the sounds. Its like the speaker doesn't work, but it works only when someone calls.,

The only way I can get notifications to come back is to restart the phone. Then it works great all day.

I have installed several apps but nothing weird.
    05-28-2010 12:58 PM
    Do you happen to have any programs installed that make you confirm a volume change like volume locker or ring guard?
    05-28-2010 01:11 PM
    05-28-2010 01:12 PM
    Do you have any 3rd party programs installed that specifically control sounds?
    05-28-2010 03:28 PM
    are you using an app killer? like task manager?

I don't know why or if that would affect notifications. But, those things are the devil and there's no telling what problems you'll get with them.

By the way, how do you get notifications to "turn on" again, reboot?
    05-28-2010 03:35 PM
    are you using an app killer? like task manager?

I don't know why or if that would affect notifications. But, those things are the devil and there's no telling what problems you'll get with them.

By the way, how do you get notifications to "turn on" again, reboot?
    I just rebooted..
    I ended up deleting my app killer. Pulling the battery this time and then reinserting.
    And switched to a different charger. And this morning everything was still functional. So idk if it was the charger or if it was the app killer but its good now.
    05-29-2010 12:08 PM
    I just rebooted..
    I ended up deleting my app killer. Pulling the battery this time and then reinserting.
    And switched to a different charger. And this morning everything was still functional. So idk if it was the charger or if it was the app killer but its good now.
    sometimes it's nice having an answer as to "why" something happened. Sometimes it's better to just have it work and who cares "why" it didn't in the first place.

-- glad you're working ok now.
    05-29-2010 01:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD