Google Maps Traffic - Desktop vs. Mobile

The Lip

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
I work in downtown Los Angeles. Most evenings before leaving the office I check Google Maps on my desktop computer to see what traffic is like on my route going home. I also have a Droid Incredible (Verizon) and a Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 (WiFi only). One evening last week, out of curiosity, I also checked the traffic on both of those devices for the same route. Google Maps on my desktop computer said the drive time would be 46 minutes For the identical route, Google Maps on my Droid Incredible and on my Galaxy Tab 10.1 both said the drive would be 1 hour and 8 minutes. That is a pretty large discrepancy. I have checked all of the settings for Google Maps on my desktop computer as well as on my two mobile devices and cannot find a reason for this. Any ideas?

Thanks.

I am also posting this on the Galaxy Tab 10.1 forum.

The Lip

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
This evening I checked the identical route on each of my devices to see if the same thing happened. Google Maps on my desktop said that the drive home would take 36 minutes, which is basically no traffic at all. The same route on Google Maps on my Galaxy Tab 10.1 (WiFi) and on my Droid Incredible show that the drive will take me 58 minutes, which is considerably more traffic. I really don't understand why there would be such a large discrepancy.