not getting text notifications

Huffdaddy1982

Dec 16, 2009
Visit site
I am not getting notifications for text messages. I have gone on my phone multiple times only to find new texts that I did not know were there. No notification.

My sound profile is set to normal, volume is up and notifications are set to ringer volume.

Any suggestions?

Diabl0

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I downloaded an app called SMS Popup. It has worked flawlessly so far. Sends notifications instantly when texts are received. I have mine set to vibrate and make sound. It hasn't drained my battery at all either like some apps do.

It's also free. :)

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Go into messages and hit menu>settings then scroll down to Recieved notification and confirm that it is checked.

Also, do you have any 3rd party apps that could be causing this?

ihbsbA

May 16, 2010
Visit site
My text and email notifications stopped too. Hmm, what oh what could I have installed to be causing this....... grrr.....I'm using tones I got from the Zedge app, THROUGH the Zedge app - I wonder if that's it......

rpfarrah

May 3, 2010
Visit site
My text and email notifications stopped too. Hmm, what oh what could I have installed to be causing this....... grrr.....I'm using tones I got from the Zedge app, THROUGH the Zedge app - I wonder if that's it......

Um... EVO_girl, exactly what device are you having trouble with? ;)

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Just a guess but are you using a task killer of any sort?

If yes, uninstall, reboot phone, test notifications
If no, reboot phone, test notifications