Anyone else get this e-mail? Got it from Verizon earlier today that they are offering free training for Droid, Droid Eris, Droid Incredible, and Devour users. I signed up for it. Figured I'd check it out. Pretty confident I know just about everything about this phone by now (Droid Incredible), but ya never know.

I sent this to Phil also. Let's see if he posts it on the site.

Brian
    06-01-2010 11:57 PM
    Oh gawd I see a lot more traffic coming to this site soon.....I would trust them to teach me how to dial the phone much less anything else. Hope the "trainers" are more helpful than the tech support guys.
    06-02-2010 12:01 AM
    LOL. Us Android users are suppose to know common things happening with our phones, especially those of us on this site and those who keep up to date with Android news sites.

I highly doubt any Verizon employee is going to give me any earth shattering tips that i don't know already. nevertheless, I guess it's great idea for the technically challenged to get up to speed.
    06-02-2010 12:12 AM
    Anybody got the link for that? I didn't get an email and can't find it on the site.
    06-02-2010 12:57 AM
    LOL. Us Android users are suppose to know common things happening with our phones, especially those of us on this site and those who keep up to date with Android news sites.

I highly doubt any Verizon employee is going to give me any earth shattering tips that i don't know already. nevertheless, I guess it's great idea for the technically challenged to get up to speed.
    Well, like I said, I probably won't learn anything new. But I figured what the heck. I'll go and check it out, and then report back if it was a total waste of time or not.

cm40: Check your pm's.
    06-02-2010 11:57 AM
    is this a scam?
    06-02-2010 12:58 PM
    What do you mean? I had signed up for notifications regarding the Droid Incredible. And I also ordered it online. So it's not surprising that Verizon e-mailed me back about this. Or did you mean you think Verizon is trying to get me to buy something else?
    06-02-2010 01:24 PM
    I got one of these today also one back when I got the Moto DROID. I guess its for the elder customers that bought Android phones. I was surprised by how many people my parents age were buying the DROID/Eris when it came out.
    06-02-2010 02:21 PM
    Oh man. Maybe I should just skip it then. lol I'm gona feel really dumb if I'm sitting next to Grandma while learning how to swipe to unlock the phone. lol
    06-02-2010 05:53 PM
    talked to a VZW rep and it sounds pretty basic....like this is a mouse, this is how to point, this is how to click. I think only new users may benefit.
    06-02-2010 09:28 PM
    If that's the case, then yeah, I guess I'll skip it.
    06-03-2010 09:01 AM
    I hope they go over all of the options available in "fastboot oem".
    06-03-2010 09:47 AM
    06-03-2010 10:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD