Major Problems - Help before I buy new phone

kufta4

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
Looking for some help before I need to pay to get a new phone. I have HTC Inredible.

Here are my problems.

- Camera Shots - These will disappear until I take out the battery to my phone and restart it. Then they will come back only to disappear again at some later point in time.

- Pandora Stations - This is an icon that when you open it has all your Pandora stations. When you click on one it will open Pandora and play that station. When I open Pandora stations it will force close every time. It won't just force close, it will restart my phone. Not all the way to the beginning but it will take me out to where it says HTC in green on a white background and then it will do the loading thing and when I drag to unlock my phone, everything needs to load back up as if I just restarted my phone. Only takes a few seconds but that's not the point.

- Pandora - Pandora itself, when I exit out, about 50% of the time will do what Pandora Stations does. Also, sometimes Pandora will only play about 30 seconds of a song until it skips to the next. Other times it will take up to 2 or 3 minutes to load when I open the app and the same when switching in between stations.

- Player Pro - This just started happening. If I play a song then turn my phone off while the music is playing and then turn it back on to maybe change the song, it will force close. Only the app. It wont restart the phone like Pandora.

- Home Depot App - This will force close a lot. Maybe an app issue? Won't restart phone.

- Chrome Marks - had a really hard time getting this to work the last time I rebooted my phone. Wouldn't allow me to sync. Maybe an app issue?

- Bank of America App - This will force close. Won't restart phone. Then after it force closes, I will get about 3 or 4 more BoA force close errors while I am doing other things on my phone, even though I have already force closed it.

- Random phone restarting. Like I explained in Pandora Stations, this will happen every once in a while no matter what app I close. It's hard to narrow it down to when or why it does it but I can always make it happen by clicking on Pandora Stations.

Now, I have uninstalled and reinstalled all the apps that give me problems. I have also rebooted my phone. Not sure if that is called a hard reset or what but I backed up all my apps and wiped the phone out but the problems persisted.

Lastly, I can tell you when I think I started noticing the problems. After the October snowstorm in NJ my cable went out and was out for 5 days. No cable means no internet. I used PDAnet extensively while at home. Maybe 6 hours a night for those 5 days. Probably longer for 2 of them as one was a football Saturday and one was a football Sunday.

Can anyone help me out before I take it to a Verizon store? I know they are going to tell me I need to wipe out the phone but what will they say when I tell them I already did that twice.

cinnamin

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
I say call verizon tell them the problems you've been having. Then the them you did a factory reset twice and you're still having issues. They may just replace it with an incredible 2 or offer you a discount on another handset. It's worth a shot.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk

Artisanthe

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Can anyone help me out before I take it to a Verizon store? I know they are going to tell me I need to wipe out the phone but what will they say when I tell them I already did that twice.

First....some Clarification. You say you "wiped out the phone". Does this mean you actually did a Factory Reset....or simply cleared the caches? If you did a Factory Reset....you would have lost all your Apps.....though they are available for Reload in the App Store.

Are you running the OTA Gingerbread?

Is your phone Rooted or Stock?

Let us know and we can offer you some suggestions. From your Post....this all sounds like Software Conflicts and you likely Will need to Reset the Phone if you have not.....D

kufta4

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
First....some Clarification. You say you "wiped out the phone". Does this mean you actually did a Factory Reset....or simply cleared the caches? If you did a Factory Reset....you would have lost all your Apps.....though they are available for Reload in the App Store.

Are you running the OTA Gingerbread?

Is your phone Rooted or Stock?

Let us know and we can offer you some suggestions. From your Post....this all sounds like Software Conflicts and you likely Will need to Reset the Phone if you have not.....D

Thanks Cherry. Ill try that.

To answer your questions...

Wiped out means I reset the phone back to where it was when you take it out of the box, twice. The first time I did lose all my apps. I wrote down everything I had on my phone and went back and downloaded them all again. The second time I downloaded an app that backed up all the other apps so I didnt need to download them all again.

Not sure what that means so Ill list what my phone says. Android Version 2.3.4 | Baseband version 2.15.10.07.07 | Software number 4.08.605.2. There are some other numbers, let me know if theyd be helpful.

My phone is stock.

Lastly, I did reset my phone as I explained in the first paragraph.

Thanks guys.

Artisanthe

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Okay Kufta4....so you're Stock....and you Are running Gingerbread....and the latest Update.

My next question for you is....are you running any kind of Launcher on your phone such as Launcher Pro? I have noticed that HTC Phones and Tablets do not play well with Launchers. If you have one....try Uninstalling it and Restarting your phone.

Apart from that....

The Disappearing Photos has happened to many including me. Mine all came back after three days and have been there ever since. It is/was an issue with the GB OTA (over the air) Update.

When I look through the comments for Pandora, I see Many folks having the same problems as you....so this is likely an App problem....possibly being aggravated by another App on your phone.

Looked at Player Pro....seems more stable according to the Reviews....but again Force Closing and Unstable were in the comments.

The Home Depot App looks like Garbage.....check out the comments in the Market.

Bank of America....comments say Buggy again....but if you're like me....this is an Important App to have.

If it were me.......I would Factory Reset one more time...(yeah I know). Then......set up your phone again without the problem Apps (or Any Apps for that matter). Keep an eye on it to see if it's stable Before adding back Any of the problem Apps. If your phone is stable without those Apps....obviously, you know where the problem lies. From the Comments....the Home Depot App looked the Buggiest of the bunch. Add Apps back one at a time as Stig suggested and ....well, I'm sure you get the picture. Some App or combination of Apps is causing your problem if the phone is Stable after the third Reset while it's still "Vanilla".

Happy Hunting and Good Luck. Let us know if you find the problem App....as someone else may be having the same problems and you could help them....D

kufta4

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
Oh boy. Thanks for the advice. I needed to access my pictures the other day so I pulled out the battery and restarted the phone. Once turned on I was able to access them but right now, they are gone. If I want to access them I will have to pull the battery out again. Is there anything I can do with this? To be more specific, Camera Shots are what's missing. All photos, All videos, All Downloads and then on the SD Card, album-art is there as well as Movies are all there. Any picture I've taken with my phone though is gone.

I'm sorry but I don't know what a Launcher is. Since I don't know what that is, I don't think I am.

I guess I'll mull over the idea of resetting the phone again but the problem apps are some that I need. I need Pandora on my phone so even if I narrow down the issue to Pandora, what am I going to do about it?

The Home Depot app does seem like a really crappy app but its useful as well. I can plug in a keyword (like utility knife for example) and it will tell me which isle it's in. If I don't know where that isle is at, it will show me a map of the store. It's useful when I need to go for something out of the ordinary and I am not quite sure where they would have it.

Player Pro needs to stay. Bank of America needs to stay. If Pandora Playlists are an app problem, that makes me feel better that it's not my phone and I can just work around that. It seems like you might be thinking my problems are stemming from an app or a couple of apps themselves. If that's the case, I'll live with it.

My only real concern at this point would then be my pictures. What can I do about them? Would factory resetting my phone to get my pictures back be something you'd recommend? I hope not but I would do that if it meant not having to pull the battery out every time I want to access my pictures.

Thanks again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz