HTC Incredible & Touchdown

bdh1966

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
I am moving away from my Blackberry and have ordered an HTC Incredible. From the various threads I have read it appears that Touchdown is the most efficient way to sync with Exchange. Does anyone know if both Notes & Tasks will sync/push with Touchdown?

Where can the extended life batteries be ordered from?

Thanks in advance.

bubbatex

Nov 21, 2009
Visit site
As far as I know - Outlook Notes will only sync to Windows Mobile phones. I have an Inc. with Touchdown and the Notes folder will not sync. Everything else will.

Make sure you try the Touchdown for Android 2.0/2.1 version first before purchasing - they give it to you on a 5 day trial. I actually like the native Exchange support HTC built in - it does everything also - but I needed Touchdown so that I could run 2 Exchange accounts. Otherwise I would have stayed with the native app.

junipertodd

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Touchdown works very well for Email, Tasks and Calendar, but not Notes.

I hoped to use the HTC native appl. but I have not been able to get it to work.

hls811

May 14, 2010
Visit site
Touchdown works very well for Email, Tasks and Calendar, but not Notes.

I hoped to use the HTC native appl. but I have not been able to get it to work.

Same here.. couldnt get the native Mail app on the DInc to connect with my work exchange, but Touchdown picked it up perfectly... I'm going to end up buying it - does anyone know if they run promo's on the pricing or should I just go ahead and buy it now?

normg

May 15, 2010
Visit site
I have been using Touchdown now for about a week, much much better than the native app for sure.. I was severly disapointed in the native app to say the least. Exchange support even on my ipod Touch was better.

Touchdown will sync email, contacts, calendar and yes Tasks!.. Notes is not supported. It claims to support Out of Office, with Exchange 2007.. Unfortunatly i have 2003! The trial version is actually 30 days now.. I'll be forking over the $20 bucks in a few more days..

krelvinaz

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
I have been using Touchdown now for about a week, much much better than the native app for sure.. I was severly disapointed in the native app to say the least. Exchange support even on my ipod Touch was better.

Touchdown will sync email, contacts, calendar and yes Tasks!.. Notes is not supported. It claims to support Out of Office, with Exchange 2007.. Unfortunatly i have 2003! The trial version is actually 30 days now.. I'll be forking over the $20 bucks in a few more days..

You don't have display problems with touchdown?

I found the app useless since I could not read the messages. The longer the message, the worse it got.

I sent an email to them and never got a response. They included:

o Wide messages text flows off the screen to the right and does not
appear to be reachable by any method that I've tried. Flipping the phone to landscape is even worse. The line that is too long turns into a series of broken graphics with no way to read it at all.

o Viewing long messages get blanked out as you scroll down to the point
where you can't see the message at all.

o Viewing contact that have any size able notes is very hard as the system
scrolls to the bottom of the note when you get near it.

o Editing contacts, sometimes provides nothing but blank fields.

o Many time search gives you the box, but you can't get the keyboard to
show up. You need to stop and try it again sometimes several times before
you can get the keyboard.

Last edited:

bubbatex

Nov 21, 2009
Visit site
You don't have display problems with touchdown?

I found the app useless since I could not read the messages. The longer the message, the worse it got.

I sent an email to them and never got a response. They included:

o Wide messages text flows off the screen to the right and does not
appear to be reachable by any method that I've tried. Flipping the phone to landscape is even worse. The line that is too long turns into a series of broken graphics with no way to read it at all.

o Viewing long messages get blanked out as you scroll down to the point
where you can't see the message at all.

o Viewing contact that have any size able notes is very hard as the system
scrolls to the bottom of the note when you get near it.

o Editing contacts, sometimes provides nothing but blank fields.

o Many time search gives you the box, but you can't get the keyboard to
show up. You need to stop and try it again sometimes several times before
you can get the keyboard.

I had this problem too until I downloaded the correct version. The Inc requires the version that is labled for "2.0/2.1" devices. So, there is the free one and then another more with 2.0/2.1 in the title. After I loaded that one, the text flows correctly.

krelvinaz

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
Too bad they never responded with such info.

Giving it a shot now. I liked touchdown up to the point of reading the messages and didn't see anyway to fix it.

Last edited:

Feldhege

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
I am using TD on my incredible and it works really well. I only wish the reminder had the option to remind every X minutes until I read the email. It has a NAG feature but that keeps going off constantly which is not what I would like. Like the poster above, I can't find anyway to contact the developer with this feedback. Other then that, the program is awesome and well worth the $20.

Robb

DroidGnome

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone know of a good comparison between Touchdown vs HTC Calendar/Mail app that comes default on the EVO (I assume it's the same app as the Incredible but not sure).

If not, does anyone see a reason why I couldn't set BOTH of them up to play with? Or will touchdown's ActiveSync conflict with the Native Mail's Activesync?

I don't do much regarding contacts.. mostly I want to view a daily agenda, weekly or monthly calendar views, and of course my Inbox + Subfolders. (Ideally also a Public Calendar but I understand that is a limitation from Activesync that prevents it).

krelvinaz

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
After playing around with the version of Touchdown that works with the Dinc, I bought it yesterday. Works great.

Would be nice to have some tweaks added, and I will try to convey them to the developers but it has a lot of the things that I needed that were not in the stock mail program.

It appears to be a bit tricky setting up custom tones... thought I set it a couple times before I found that the setting didn't stick (or I didn't save it).

bespinct

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Feldhege - Try their website - Welcome to NitroDesk, Inc..

DroidGnome - You can have both the native exchange setup and Touchdown running at once without any conflicts. One of the admins, sorry I don't recall which one, uses Touchdown because he has multiple accounts and the native app only allows one...at least on the Incredible.

Steve in CT