I am using the 8GB SD card from my Storm 1.

The phone intermittently doesn't recognize the SD card...Usually after a reboot. I have to remove and reinsert.

Thoughts or solutions?
    06-04-2010 09:02 AM
    take it out, make sure all contacts are clean, reformat the card on your PC, firmly insert back in the Incredible.
    06-04-2010 09:03 AM
    take it out, make sure all contacts are clean, reformat the card on your PC, firmly insert back in the Incredible.
    Thanks for the quick reply.
    What do you mean by make sure all contacts are clean?
    Can I use the reformat function on the Incredible (I use a Mac)?
    06-04-2010 09:05 AM
    Thanks for the quick reply.
    What do you mean by make sure all contacts are clean?
    Can I use the reformat function on the Incredible (I use a Mac)?
    I don't know about the clean contacts issue, but I would recommend formating the card on the DI.
    06-04-2010 09:17 AM
    Basically with the clean contacts he just means take the card out and make sure the gold contacts on the back of the SD card are clean and have no problems. Just take like a microfiber cloth to wipe it off to make sure. I had that problem once where it didn't recognize my card but that was when I was using launcherpro. I haven't heard of anyone having that problem so I would suggest reformmatting that card to see if it helps. If not u might wanna do a complete reset of ur phone. Then see is those fix it. If not its either a card issue or phone. Try someone else's card if u can. Hope this helps
    06-04-2010 09:24 AM
    Ah.... THOSE contacts.
    06-04-2010 09:30 AM
    I also used my Storm 1 card and kept having annoying little problems until I formatted. Now its great!
    06-04-2010 10:24 AM
    Thank you everyone.
    @rpfarrah: I was also confused about which CONTACTS they were referring to...
    Well, the metal contacts are clean.
    I reformatted the SD card on the Incredible.
    We'll see...However, I think the problem may arise when I connect the phone to my Macbook, then "eject" it from the computer. It seems as though somehow it is getting "ejected" from the phone as well....

I'll try it out a couple more times and let you all know.

Thanks again for all the advice.
    06-04-2010 10:47 AM
    How are you electing your phone are you trying to do it on the computer? The easiest way I would suggest to eject your phone is to just change it from data to charge only. You know the setting that probably pops up in the notification bar? It's a lot easier to do and I think it will cause less problems. If you are using that then it has to be something with MAC
    06-04-2010 10:54 AM
    I'm also using the 8 gb card out of my storm 1 and will get this problem from time to time. Usually only happens on opening the photo gallery but most of the time backing out of the gallery then re-opening solves it. If not I use this app called SD rescan. Does exactly what it's name says.
    Here's a link: SDrescan - Android app on AppBrain
    06-04-2010 11:01 AM
    Sounds like a trend here. I am also using my Storm 1 SD card. I have the same issue with the phone not seeing the SD card after disconnecting it from my Windows 7 laptop. I just have to power off the phone and then turn it back on for the SD card to be recognized again. I have checked the contacts and formatted the card multiple times. It's not that big of a deal, but it does get annoying sometimes.
    06-04-2010 11:08 AM
    I am not having one issue. I took my 16GB out of my Storm1, backed up all of my photos/music/videos/etc., and then formatted the card on my PC. I put it in my Incredible, reloaded my music and videos nd have not had a single problem.
    06-04-2010 11:29 AM
    I am not having one issue. I took my 16GB out of my Storm1, backed up all of my photos/music/videos/etc., and then formatted the card on my PC. I put it in my Incredible, reloaded my music and videos nd have not had a single problem.
    I wonder if it has to due with the 8GB SD card that was shipped with our Storms. You bought the 16GB card on your own so it's maybe a better quality card? Just making assumptions here.
    06-04-2010 11:40 AM
    I wonder if it has to due with the 8GB SD card that was shipped with our Storms. You bought the 16GB card on your own so it's maybe a better quality card? Just making assumptions here.
    I'd almost believe that except my wife is using my original 8GB card in her Incredible and has not had any issues either.
    06-04-2010 11:48 AM
    this happened to me yesterday .. i took it out and back in with the phone on and now everything is perfect
    06-04-2010 11:55 AM
    I had this issue on the one I had to return. Now Im not saying that these ones are bad but mine did have this issue among other issues....
    06-04-2010 12:36 PM
    I'd almost believe that except my wife is using my original 8GB card in her Incredible and has not had any issues either.
    Same here. She hasn't had this problem once with hers yet I'll get it on mine.

Figured I'd bump this link to this page SDrescan - Android app on AppBrain

Saves time reloading the card without having to reboot
    06-04-2010 01:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD