Google search stopped working

unfjoel

Feb 9, 2012
Visit site
Hi all,
I have an issue with my wife's HTC Droid Incredible. In short, when using *any* browser, she is unable to perform a search from Google.com. If she types anything in the search bar and then hits the magnifying glass icon, or hits the return button on the keyboard, nothing happens - it doesn't even cause the web page to attempt to load. (E.G., the little status indicator doesn't start moving - it's as though she didn't even hit search.)

Here is some pertinent info:
  • The phone is running Cyanogen Mod 7.1.0-Inc
  • This issue occurs on every browser we have installed: stock, Dolphin HD, Firefox
  • She can use the integrated search bar on Dolphin HD's start page to conduct a search
  • She *is* connected to the internet

I am attaching two screenshots so you can see exactly what I'm talking about:
The first image is of the Google page we see when using the stock browser and Dolphin HD. This is just Google (but obviously it's being rendered differently - mobile I assume)
screenshot-1328762339051.png

The second image is what it looks like when typing something into the search bar. Hitting the magnifying glass button or hitting return/enter on the keyboard doesn't do anything.
screenshot-1328762373142.png

Ideas?

storminone

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
Try zooming in a little on the page, stretch the web page in landscape mode. Many times links don't work for me if I'm too far zoomed out of a page and tapping anything does nothing.

Sent from my Droid Incredible using Tapatalk

unfjoel

Feb 9, 2012
Visit site
Try zooming in a little on the page, stretch the web page in landscape mode. Many times links don't work for me if I'm too far zoomed out of a page and tapping anything does nothing.

Sent from my Droid Incredible using Tapatalk

I will try that - though it seems like the enter button on the keyboard should work if hitting the link doesn't. But I'll try and see if that makes a difference.

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Also try clearing cache and dalvik in Clockwork. It will clear cache for everything. Sometimes thinks will get hung up on a bad cache file.