HTC Incredible vs. Motorola Droid Xtreme

tourboy

May 27, 2010
Visit site
So if you have an Incredible on order and scheduled to be delivered around the middle of this month, would you still go through with it or hold out for the upcoming Motorola Droid Xtreme?

Will the phones be comparable, or the Incredible still be the better of the two mainly due to the UI?

SpartanDroid

Mar 30, 2010
Visit site
I would for sure stay with the incredible. I mean there are a couple better features like the HD recording and the larger screen if you like that, but I do love sense. I think this phone works great and I wouldn't trade it for the Droid Shadow. I am not a huge fan of how Motorola makes their phones look.

izzyncade

Master of the Universe
May 14, 2010
Visit site
I'm gonna stick with the incredible....mainly because my wife will serious inflict bodily harm if I even look at another phone right now!

kingpin119

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I actually had an incredible due to ship next week. But after some doing convinced Verizon to cancel my order. They agreed with me when I told them if I had to replace my incredible I'd be screwed. So I'll be waiting for the xtreme.

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
Regardless of what you think of the physical design of the phone, (I personally like it) Droid XTreme has Motoblur which is ugly and buggy. I have it on the devour and while I like that you can include MySpace in the Happenings widget (like Friendstream in Sense), and it's inclusion of a Blackberry style Universal Inbox, it crashes all the time.

Motoblur does have some nice backup/restore features if the phone is lost, stolen, or damaged, or if you just want to migrate to a new phone.

I have my Incredible, and I am happy with it, but I may be upgrading my Devour to the Droid Extreme when it comes out, we shall see :)

jasonvancouver

Mar 20, 2010
Visit site
There will always be a new phone every month it seems.... I think for those of use with the Incredible, we have a solid phone that looks great.

I am not planning on returning unless I run into to some last minute problems in the next week.

I simply love the Incredible ( keeping my fingers crossed that it will continue to work good).

tourboy

May 27, 2010
Visit site
Good point, and it seems the Incredible is an ideal size where the EVO4 and Droid Xtreme are going after the bigger is always better, but not the case when it comes to a phone and its usage.

There will always be a new phone every month it seems.... I think for those of use with the Incredible, we have a solid phone that looks great.

I am not planning on returning unless I run into to some last minute problems in the next week.

I simply love the Incredible ( keeping my fingers crossed that it will continue to work good).

jimracing657

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
no thanks on motoblur for sure, it just seems like a mess to me. I really like sense, and other then the battery life on my incredible, i really couldnt ask for anything more out of a phone. I like how sleek it is, the new droid looks like its going to be another brick...i just hope they leave off the gold fingerprint like scanner lol

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
no thanks on motoblur for sure, it just seems like a mess to me. I really like sense, and other then the battery life on my incredible, i really couldnt ask for anything more out of a phone. I like how sleek it is, the new droid looks like its going to be another brick...i just hope they leave off the gold fingerprint like scanner lol

Droid XTreme/Shadow is not the Droid 2 and does not have a keyboard. It's touch screen only. Droid 2 is an entirely different phone.

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
Good point, and it seems the Incredible is an ideal size where the EVO4 and Droid Xtreme are going after the bigger is always better, but not the case when it comes to a phone and its usage.

It depends on what you want. If you want to use it as an actual phone and take it with you everywhere that kind of thing mainly appeals to people with big hands, but a lot of people want it for games or because the large screen makes it easier to type.

The thing is though that it is relative and tends to change. Last fall people were saying the same thing about Moto Droid's 3.7 inch screen vs the more standard 3.1-3.3 inch phones.

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
Can we start using the "Multi-Q" (Multiple Quote) button below posts please? It makes reading the forum a bit rough.

If I didn't have my incredible yet I would still order it. Because with Android if you keep waiting for the next big thing you will always be waiting. When you wait and go to order your XTreme then there will be a post "Should I take my Xtreme back because "X" Droid is coming out next month. Are the specs better? Advice please"

If you like the phone order it, by the time you are ready for a new phone something much better than the next step will be out, in technology you will always be a day behind, in cell phones you will be a year behind.

jdposhkus

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
If I didn't have my incredible yet I would still order it. Because with Android if you keep waiting for the next big thing you will always be waiting. When you wait and go to order your XTreme then there will be a post "Should I take my Xtreme back because "X" Droid is coming out next month. Are the specs better? Advice please"

If you like the phone order it, by the time you are ready for a new phone something much better than the next step will be out, in technology you will always be a day behind, in cell phones you will be a year behind.[/QUOTE]

+1 on this.
Get on the bus, or get left behind.
I would rather use and enjoy todays technology today, than pine and wait for tomorrows technology.
Just my .02.

tourboy

May 27, 2010
Visit site
Very good point!

If you like the phone order it, by the time you are ready for a new phone something much better than the next step will be out, in technology you will always be a day behind, in cell phones you will be a year behind.

+1 on this.
Get on the bus, or get left behind.
I would rather use and enjoy todays technology today, than pine and wait for tomorrows technology.
Just my .02.[/QUOTE]

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1