HTC Indredible, unlocked?

cmikhow#AC

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
I'm a new android lover former blackberry addict, but I find as a Canadian I was used to getting all the best selection of blackberries first while in android's case we have a terrible selection the top of the line Android device being the Motorola Droid.

I have heard Telus will be getting the Desire/Triumph in a few weeks but the HTC Incredible just seems to dwarf the triumph in every way. Is there any way for me to buy an "unlocked" Incredible and run it on Telus' network they are both CDMA?

cmikhow#AC

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
damn, that breaks my heart the incredible is such a sweet phone the desire seems like a lower-end version of it guess i'll have to live until it comes out in canada.

SpartanDroid

Mar 30, 2010
Visit site
Ya it does suck you can't buy an unlocked phone and take it to another carrier. CDMA is a lot different than the way GSM works. The desire isn't a bad phone at all. When the INC was being released people kept saying how the INC was the US version of the desire. I mean the desire might not be as great as the INC but its still a decent phone. HTC always makes great phones.

I believe it is because of the way CDMA works. For security purposes of their network they have multiple keys. The most important one is the authentication key which is for the network your on and the phone. I believe this is why you can't. Correct me if I am work. I thought that is what I heard it my computer and communication security class.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams