VZ rep Inc envy...

zdsa1021

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
So my mom is on my plan and her enV 2 (my really old phone) has gone kaput over the last couple of weeks. I took her into the verizon store this morning to see if I could get her an early upgrade, and if not then she was going to switch to my even older LG 8300. Long story, but I eventually got her the upgrade and she got a new enV touch.

We were there for over an hour while they were trying to fix her old one, etc... and after the rep found out I had an Incredible he wouldn't quit asking me question and playing around with my phone.....he was so jealous cuz he can't get one and he's just waiting like everyone else on here. It was quite funny!

wesrodz

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
Why would he want to play with your phone? Verizon stores have at least 3 Incredibles on display. I would have been annoyed. :mad: lol.

Kainz15

May 16, 2010
Visit site
haha that is kinda funny..but yet sad at the same time. I hope the majority of the time you spent in there was actually being helped rather than them helping themselves to your phone lol

zdsa1021

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
Nah, they were totally helpful. I have to say that I've been with Verizon since 1999 and I've never had a bad experience with them.

lcsglvr

Apr 11, 2010
Visit site
I had the same deal happen to me with a Verizon rep. over the phone when I called to get it activated. He was doing his job but asking me about 100 questions (mind you I had mine the day after opening day, so not many had one and they were very hard to come by). I was like, "Dude, I'm not sure how the typing is" etc... "I've only had the phone for 20 minutes! Give me your phone number, and I'll call you back in a few days!"

trixz31185

May 30, 2010
Visit site
There is no way a Verizon corporate location (i.e. a location run by the company) does not have a live incredible on display. Resellers have fake phones most of the time so he might not have ever seen one or played with one

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
First off that would be annoying. Second of all my phone doesn't get put into anyone's hand but mine or someone I know and trust. A random salesman at Verizon would not be "playing" with my phone.

a1point8turbo

May 27, 2010
Visit site
99.99999999% sure you might have been at a dealer store. NO VZW corp location is oblivious to their products to that extent. Many may not know every in and out but most know the generals. Maybe they were getting a feel for how you liked the phone, interactions with it as a customer, ect...if anything it could have been a smart sales person seeing how his/her customer likes the products they are selling.

franked

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
First off that would be annoying. Second of all my phone doesn't get put into anyone's hand but mine or someone I know and trust. A random salesman at Verizon would not be "playing" with my phone.

I would definitely let a salesman/VZW rep handle my phone. They drop it/break it/semi-molest it, they replace. Now, a random person just to "see it"...umm...oh there's no way!

May 25, 2010
Visit site
I would definitely let a salesman/VZW rep handle my phone. They drop it/break it/semi-molest it, they replace. Now, a random person just to "see it"...umm...oh there's no way!

completely agree, if anything happens to my phone while a VZW rep is handling it they WILL give me another phone.

and to the OP, did the guy have rapeface while he was handling your Inc? cause if he did thats just creepy....:confused:

zdsa1021

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
99.99999999% sure you might have been at a dealer store. NO VZW corp location is oblivious to their products to that extent. Many may not know every in and out but most know the generals. Maybe they were getting a feel for how you liked the phone, interactions with it as a customer, ect...if anything it could have been a smart sales person seeing how his/her customer likes the products they are selling.

No, I was at a corporate store. We were trying to get my mom's phone fixed and they won't do that anywhere except at a corporate store. He seemed like he was kind of a new guy cuz he kept having to ask other reps questions.

completely agree, if anything happens to my phone while a VZW rep is handling it they WILL give me another phone.

and to the OP, did the guy have rapeface while he was handling your Inc? cause if he did thats just creepy....:confused:

He wasn't creepy, but he was wearing a red sweater and tan pants......which I guess could be considered creepy to some :)

LoPan12

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Verizon employees aren't allowed to have a new phone until a certain time period after its been out. The guy I got mine from told me about it.
And now that I think about it, even if the store has some on display, they probably aren't tweaked and loaded with apps that a power user would have.

Last edited:

deepfreez

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
A close friend of mine is a VZW store rep. He only had to wait 2 days for his Inc because he is a rep. You may have been at an "Authorized Retailer" store.

weswilkes

Dec 16, 2009
Visit site
I am a Sales Rep at a VZW corporate store and our store has 3 live models on the floor, there is not way a corporate store wouldnt have atleast 2 working models. And reps and employees in general can get phones the same time as customers. Only difference is we can not get ours in the store we have to order online. I preordered my Inc and got it the day it came out delivered to the store.