I was in the store today (NE2 ended today) and was told what they have been doing is giving people Moto Droids or Eris while people wait for their Incredible to come in. It seems a little fishy but has anyone heard of or is doing this? Thanks can't wait to finally ditch my Voyager.
    06-05-2010 06:08 PM
    Was this at a corp store? That DEFINITELY sounds fishy.
    06-05-2010 06:24 PM
    They didn't offer it to me, but I did this. I didn't tell them I was doing it, but I ordered the Droid Incredible online, then bought the Droid in store, and returned it once I got my Incredible (it was within the 30 days)..but I had to pay the 35 dollar restocking fee. (it was better than not having any phone for 30 days)
    06-05-2010 09:46 PM
    Ya that is very fishy sounding. I know they are pushing people to get droids still because they have many of them and want to sell them and the INC is very popular. I mean you have 30 days to return it for a $35 fee like it was stated. Thats the only problem I can see though. You tried a store like best buy or anywhere for the phone? Just call around to a couple local places. Im pretty sure the stores have them. Some guy just said he got one at Best buy.
    06-05-2010 10:04 PM
    I just ordered it online. I waited 20months I can wait 2 weeks. The whole deal was a sounds too good to be true thing.
    06-05-2010 10:54 PM
    FWIW, I did see another poster on another thread here mention that option.
    06-06-2010 09:37 AM
    I bought my Incredible at a Verizon Store two days ago. They offered no such thing.
    06-06-2010 10:02 AM
    I'm thinking they might be trying that hoping you will not return the droid for the inc. when its available.
    06-06-2010 12:40 PM
    Offered this to me when I went in about an Inc. They even wrote it down on my receipt and in their notes on my account stating that I would receive a call when it came into the store and I could come in and exchange it free of charge even if it took longer than the 30 days.

I came from ATT so they were literally offering anything and everything for me to ditch the iPhone in front of everyone at the store haha.
    06-06-2010 01:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD