Adventures in ICS-land, anyone?

Nanashi1231

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys. A fellow Dinc-owner told me about the ASOP ICS ROM over at the XDA Developers site. I flashed version 2 a few weeks back, and flashed version 5 yesterday, along with version 4 of Google Apps and the Tiamats Kernel. Version 2 kept force-closing on me, regardless of what I did. Version 5, while improved, force-closed whenever switching from portrait to landscape mode (forcing portrait mode in settings helped) and sometimes closed when I switched between flash-heavy apps. It also dropped at least 3 of the 10 calls I've made since flashing it. So, for now, I'm done with it until the next built or two, probably flashing back to Nils Business Sense or the old standby (CM7 w/ ADW Launcher). Anyone else having similar troubles or doing well with the ICS build? Hats off to the guys working on it, but experimental is definitely the operative word here.

About to flash Nils Gingersense 3.5, and possibly load Go Launcher.

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Experimental is correct, but bugs at this stage are to be expected. I've tried a few, I'm waiting before making a full ICS move (hopefully with CM9)

BrandT90

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
AOKP has been my daily driver for about two weeks now since build 24. I must say, they keep improving stability and adding features pretty quickly. Everything works (except video recording, and the panorama feature, but these apps can be temporarily replaced by apps in the market). There is an incredible amount of customizations available in "Rom Control" under settings. There is a "Power Saver" mode built in that allows for WiFi, 3G, and sync to be disabled after a specified time when the screen turns off. Battery life is comparable to CM7 with Incredikernel.

I have also bought the premium version of Nova Launcher (the free version is preinstalled). It's very similar to Launcher Pro, but specifically for ICS. The features included in this ROM and the paid version of Nova Launcher will definitely, in my opinion, give CM9 a run for it's money.

AOKP ROMs

Reactions: PvilleComp

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Thanks BrandT - I've been running AOKP for about a week now and I have to say that it's really nice, WAY better then some I tried a month or so ago. A few bugs, but that's to be expected. No real deal breakers yet. I'm looking forward to more builds.

PolynesianMedic

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
I have tried AOKP, Evervolv and a Pre-Alpha CM9. All of them are wonderful yet, for me, still a little too buggy to be a solid daily. I know that there are some newer versions since I tried a few weeks ago, but the things that were my deal breaker were the hit or miss gallery, the bar code scanner not working, and a few other minor things. Once these are hashed out, I am certainly going back to an ICS based ROM. I really like the changes in the contact list, Gmail just to list a few.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar