06-11-2010 12:47 PM
29 12
tools
    I've been calling the Dominican Republic for the past week and ANY number I call over there , I get a busy signal..I've been calling with my Droid Incredible's GV app..it's been like this since last Friday..anybody else having problems making International calls?
    06-08-2010 01:35 PM
    Found one negative. I have my phone setup to make all outgoing calls via google voice. I just recently moved and have been calling my parents often on their cell numbers. They don't have unlimited minutes but they have free verizon to verizon. Problem is they were charged since the call was being made with GV.

This kind of sucks. I want all my outgoing calls to be the GV number but there is no easy way to just call my parents with my verizon number this way. So I now have the phone setup to ask me everytime I make a call. I hope maybe they can add a feature where you can make exceptions to the standard settting based on the contact. As an example, set my phone up to make all outgoing calls via GV. Then in my contact list on GV I can specifiy to call just that contact on GV.

Ken
    06-08-2010 04:03 PM
    I'm using a non GVoice number & I can't get my phone book to sync with GV
    Micko
    06-08-2010 08:16 PM
    About 10:30 AM on the 8th, I put in a student invite request http://forum.androidcentral.com/droi...tml#post151882

Google's response was that I would receive an invite in 24 hours.

At 12:09 PM on the 11th, I received the invite. Just FYI for those of you with an .edu address available to them.

Also, Google Voice for Students will give you an instant (i.e. no waiting for a slot to be open, some say it's been instant, others said it took a few days) google voice account if you have a .edu e-mail address.
    Thanks, Zabi.
    06-11-2010 12:47 PM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD