Texting Problems

SpartanDroid

Mar 30, 2010
Visit site
I am not sure if anyone else has had the same problems I have had but they get a little annoying. The first one is if I am in a texting thread and I just lock the phone and the same person textes me then it says in the notification bar there is a text even when I already viewed it. It won't go away until I clear it from the notification bar. The other problem that really annoys me is when I am texting and i type the wrong word and i click space then delete it rehighlights the word and deletes the space before the word. And if you click space again it will save the word. I last thing is I hit the period button instead of the space so much even after calibrating it. I have tried other keyboards but none have really been as good as the stock sense. Smart keyboard pro was the only decent one but it was a little too laggy.

Let me know if this is a common thing or just a problem with my phone.

wowpaw

Feb 8, 2010
Visit site
Only issue I have is the inserting-periods-instead-of-spaces. I end up having texts "that.look.like.this" and have to go back and delete out the periods. I have tried to train my thumb to hit more towards the left (the center of the spacebar) to avoid this but it has been difficult to adjust.

aggie

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
Only issue I have is the inserting-periods-instead-of-spaces. I end up having texts "that.look.like.this" and have to go back and delete out the periods. I have tried to train my thumb to hit more towards the left (the center of the spacebar) to avoid this but it has been difficult to adjust.

Same here the period and spacebat layout is poor. Drives me nuts. Really could have done without the keyboard minimize icon as the back arrow does the same thing. Would give room for a bigger spacebar

Diabl0

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Swype does make a big difference.

I think the notification thing is normal. If you don't want it to tell you everytime someone texts you the only thing you can do is turn off notifications.

SpartanDroid

Mar 30, 2010
Visit site
Alright glad to see that some people have the same issues that I do and it is software related. I do wish the spacebar was bigger. I have tried to train my thumb but when i am quickly texting i seem to still hit the period. Anyone know where to download swype? I tried downloading the beta awhile ago and it said it expired. And i looked around and couldn't find it.

I tried shapewriter but wasn't a huge fan. I know it is like swype but I feel like swype is much better. Just have to get used to it.