Could someone help with a picture question?

cdolan22

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
I want to have all of the pictures that I take on my DI to go right to the SD card that I have rather than going to the phone. I checked my settings within the camera and they have always had CARD as the storage option, yet none of my pictures that I have taken on the phone are showing up in the folder for my SD card. Does anyone know how to fix this problem? I would rather fix it now rather than have to transfer all the files with my computer and all that crap later. Thank you!

cdolan22

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
Yeah it is really weird. I switched it to phone storage, took a picture, saved it, and it did not affect the # of pictures in my phone storage folder either. I then swapped back to SD card storage and took another picture and it did not affect the # in my SD card folder.... They seem to only be going to the Camera Shots folder. Any help would be great.

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
have you tried looking at where the actual files are with something like astro?

the camera shots folder is not a real folder, but rather a place to see any picture taken with the camera.

all my pictures if using the photos app will show in camera shots, but there are some from the internal memory and some from my sd.

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I just tried to change mine from phone storage to the sdcard and it saved them to the sdcard. I checked both phone storage and sdcard from my computer and they both have a camera file located in DCIM folder but when I switched to save to the sdcard the picture was saved to DCIM>100MEDIA which was a new folder that the phone created. When I checked on the phone using the photo app the picture didn't show up in camera shots but was in the all photo file.

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
It was driving me nuts that the pictures would save to the camera file set up on the sdcard so here is what I tried and it worked for me. First I moved the camera file from the phone storage to my desk top then deleted the 100MEDIA file then tried to take another picture and it saved to the camera file on the sdcard as it should. For some reason when I had a camera file on both the sdcard and phone storage it wouldn't save to the camera file (on sdcard) but once I removed that file from the phone storage everything worked.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckm