My trusty dinc

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I abandoned you for a bigger screen. You are not as sexy as you once were but you're still beautiful. Strong reception, ok battery life, easy to root, great volume, the list is endless... I have abandoned you a Samsung.
Alas you are going to a good home, and my mother until she gets her Iphone next fall will love you but won't appreciate all the times we spent together in the bathroom, in bed, at work, in the car....

Easily belongs in the droid hall of fame.

Sent from the most overhyped phone since the Iphone 4s....

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
You brought a tear to my eye Tony - but it looks like you are trying to break your DInc replacement record with the Nexus!

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Yeah except dummies at big red wouldn't believe it was the battery on the dinc.

Nexus is sweet though. But not the same, but ya know?

Sent from the most overhyped phone since the Iphone 4s....

cola16

Jan 25, 2012
Visit site
I had my Incredible for over a year and a half until I upgraded to the Droid Razr. I find myself constantly comparing my Razr to it. I have to say, I miss my Incredible. The other day I actually used it for almost the entire day...browsing the web, trying out apps, texting my friends (Google Talk and WhatsApp). I even miss the smaller screen and how comfortable it fits in my hand.

Such an underrated phone.

speedtrap63

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
Still using mine. I briefly abandoned it for the LG Revolution last year, but came running back to my Dinc when the Revo proved to be a serious dog! Also, I have to say that the 4.3 in screen is just a little too big for my taste. I prefer the Dinc screen size but the 4" Dinc2 would probably work.

Anyway, I'll be rocking the Dinc until my next upgrade in Jan 2013. Used my last one for the POS Revo. :'(

Reactions: Luteplayers

menschmaschine5

Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I'm still using my Dinc. My 2 year contract will be up soon, and I may request a Galaxy Nexus for my birthday (or just buy one myself since I'm getting a pretty hefty tax refund this year), but the Dinc's still doing well. It's definitely showing its age, and I can't stay on a ROM for long before I start getting major force close issues, probably due to app memory consumption (my phone was definitely affected by the memory bug), but frankly it's less trouble to just re-load the ROM than it is to go through and try to figure out what's causing all the problems.

I'll miss it, it's a very well designed phone.

NOLA_Droid

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
Still using mine. Rooted of course. I will continue to use it until it blows up in my hands. If it weren't for Cyanogen, I may have upgraded in December. No need. Only thing I might lust after is the larger screen on the Gnex.

zrxoa1

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I have moved on to the Rezound, but only because 3g sucks in my area. With the Rezound I am hitting between 30mbps and 51mbps download most days.

I still use the DInc around the house when the Rezound is on the charger. Dinc is rooted n running cm7 and I do miss it. Much better volume, you can hardly hear the Rezound, but the 4g and hd screen on the Rezound is amazing!

If the Rezound gets broken, I have my trusty DInc ready to go back into duty! One heckuva phone!!

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

jimbl

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
Love my Rezound, but my DrInc will always have a place in my heart. Still have it, still rock solid. Charging and waiting for the next ROM I can throw at it.

DInc6300

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
I love my Dinc. I have had it for almost 2 years, and would not trade it for anything. I do wonder what the benefit would be by rooting it. With the exception of wanting to remove and move apps I don't want & don't use, I love this phone. :cool:

PolynesianMedic

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
ICS is so much better of an operating system than the previous versions. It is still a bit buggy in places, BUT it is coming and will be a clear step up from what we have had to date.

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Please tell me more. I am here to learn how to root my Incredible.

First read this:
Flash in HBOOT | PvilleComp's

Then backup all your data:
http://forums.androidcentral.com/in...back-up-what-restore-when-switching-roms.html

Then downgrade to Froyo using PB31IMG.zip image here:
Stock Images | PvilleComp's

Then Root with unrevoked following the directions here:
http://forums.androidcentral.com/in...oot-rom-your-droid-incredible.html#post552478

No need to do the Unrevoked Forever steps, it's done for you as a part of the Unrevoked root method.

Happy Flashing!

Reactions: thoughthalo

LinuxKnight

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
I am still rockin a Droid Incredible, had it for about a year now. It is my first Android phone. Currently running CM7.1, working quite well for me, though I am thinking of flashing an ICS ROM once I see they are stable enough.

I was going to jump to a Rezound but I missed out on a sale, so I can wait some more to see if it goes on sale again. I am too broke to get something flashier like a GNex, though I wouldn't mind one :).

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I have been rocking the nexus, and the DINC is tiny compared to it, but seriously if there was a hall of fame for phones, the DINC would get my vote.

It brought a lot of people to android IMHO.
As much as people bash sense, it helped at least me get familiar with the os, etc.

Last edited:

Jowlah

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I have been rocking the nexus, and the DINC is tiny compared to it, but seriously if there was a hall of fame for phones, the DINC would get my vote.

It brought a lot of people to android IMHO.
As much as people bash sense, it helped at least me get family with the os, etc.

Tony, I couldn't agree with you more! My DInc is the first Android phone I have ever owned. And even though it is getting a little longer in the tooth, I still love it. I am probably going to get that Droid Incredible 4G when it drops, but Sense has made me a believer. We fans of Android really are spoiled with all the great community members like you and PvilleComp and others that make this a great platform.
:)

DInc6300

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
First read this:
Flash in HBOOT | PvilleComp's

Then backup all your data:
http://forums.androidcentral.com/in...back-up-what-restore-when-switching-roms.html

Then downgrade to Froyo using PB31IMG.zip image here:
Stock Images | PvilleComp's

Then Root with unrevoked following the directions here:
http://forums.androidcentral.com/in...oot-rom-your-droid-incredible.html#post552478

No need to do the Unrevoked Forever steps, it's done for you as a part of the Unrevoked root method.

Happy Flashing!

Thank you so much for that list. I will be trying it this weekend. I have been trying to find a descriptive list of instructions. :cool:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781