My job gave me an iPad to do field work. I'm using my inc to take pics. Are there any cross platform apps or WiFi tricks I could do to browse the files on the inc from the iPad and transfer them? I know bt or email is an option but there going to be hi res pics that will take forever one at a time.

Thanks in advance
    06-07-2010 09:31 AM
    The incredible supports BT OBEX FTP, so depending on the iPad's bluetooth support, you could browse the Inc, mark/select all the pictures you want to transfer, and drag/drop them to the iPad.

As for Wifi, I haven't looked to see if the INC has an "ad hoc" mode, if it is just has "client" mode. If it and the INC can do Client mode, you could try that, but then you'd have to be able to create shared folders, etc on each to access the files. Then again, I guess Asto (with its SMB add-on) could allow you to access any shares you could setup on the iPad can copy files from the INC to the iPad that way... again, assuming an ad hoc connection, OR them both being associated with the same access point and firewalls not getting in the way.
    06-07-2010 12:19 PM
    Couldn't you just plug the usb cable in?.......oh yeah Apple doesn't think you need any USB or MicroUSB ports. Tell them to take that iPad back and for the same money get you a nice laptop. It's much nicer to have something that can actually do work, than something to be the "trend".

I would just transfer via bluetooth, but Apple probably has the "pirates" locked out of that too....
    06-07-2010 12:34 PM
    I was thinking of getting an ipad until I found out no usb port very disappointing. Looks like I'll wait for the android pad which will have all the ports I need and I can still say I don't own any apple products
    06-07-2010 12:55 PM
    With the camera connection kit, I can plug my Nexus One in and the iPad recognizes the N1 as a camera, and lets me download the pictures from my N1 to my iPad. I would assume the same would hold true for the Incredible.
    06-07-2010 02:17 PM
    as soon as they come out with a root for the incredible to do wifi hot spot the iPad is in my handssssss
    06-07-2010 02:42 PM
    That's the biggest feature I'm looking forward to with Froyo 2.2 on my N1--I have a WiFi-only iPad, and am looking forward to being able to use the WiFi Hotspot feature with Froyo. I won't be using it much (most of the places I hang have WiFi), but looking forward to having the option.
    06-07-2010 02:53 PM
    Best bet is to install Dropbox. Several of us that own or are testing ipads at work use dropbox with great success. It will allow you to sync whatever files you want across all the devices you install it on.

Only caveat is that those devices must have access to the web for the sync to work. That's no problem for my Inc, but my Ipad is wifi only... which is fine at home and work but obviously a problem when I'm away from wifi.

Works great as I'm typically surrounded by wifi.
    06-08-2010 05:18 AM
    Yeah I have an ipad and I love it. I want root so bad for the incredible so I can tether on the road. Some times apple doesnt make sense with there designs. The ipad is a lap top replacement so they should of at least put a small usb port some where on it. I think the camera connection kit is just stupid.
    06-08-2010 09:26 AM
    Dropbox works great with my ipad. But i do miss my droid sometimes because of my wifi only ipad and i miss wireless tether.
    06-08-2010 09:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD