OK, I have searched high and low for a solution to this annoying issue that I'm having. I thought I knew a lot about Android OS, but I guess I'm not as smart as I thought. Here is my problem:

I don't use Facebook one bit, so I'm not having the linked contacts issue that others are having there. What I am experiencing is that when I go to type a new text to someone and enter their name at the top (using Handcent if it matters), I get about 50 entries of the same contact with the same #. So, I look in my People app, and click on any contact really, then press the Linked icon in the top right of the contact I have open, and see the same entry over and over and over again. WTF???!!!

Does anyone know why this happens or how to get rid of it? All that I have synced with my phone is my Exchange Server. I'm assuming this is a Sense UI feature as I didn't experienc it on my Motorola Droid.

So, all of you Incredible and Sense UI experts, help a brother out. To me, the phone is perfect with this one annoying blemish.

Thanks.
    06-07-2010 03:29 PM
    Have you looked at your "People" contact list? If you have both Phone and Google contacts listed depending upon how you sync and with what you can start to create dups without meaning to. Go People>Menu>View and check them all so you can see what you have in the Contact list. All of the dups should show up and you can start deleting which is a pain but necessary.
    06-07-2010 05:09 PM
    Have you looked at your "People" contact list? If you have both Phone and Google contacts listed depending upon how you sync and with what you can start to create dups without meaning to. Go People>Menu>View and check them all so you can see what you have in the Contact list. All of the dups should show up and you can start deleting which is a pain but necessary.
    I hear ya on that and appreciate the feedback. That said, I only have my phone and exchange synced currently in the People app, why would every contact have so many links?
    06-08-2010 07:24 AM
    Also, just a thought...could it be Touchdown that is causing this to happen?
    06-08-2010 07:27 AM
    I just got Touchdown and I'm seeing something somewhat similar. I have a contact that has about 10 links to the same contact. Underneath all of the links it says, "com.nitrodesk.account". I'm guessing that Touchdown is doing this since Nitro is the company that makes Touchdown, but my question is "Why?" I'm wondering if it's creating a link for every call history item I have for this person. If so, this is going to create a BIG problem going forward.

Anybody got any ideas?
    09-02-2010 03:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD