It looks like Verizon is not honoring their $100 rebate for inc's bought from best buy stores.

I even reupped my contract for 2 years and nothing stated it in the rebate but they're saying that best buy is not a valid store after the fact.

I'm about to go chew some CSR ***.
    06-07-2010 04:41 PM
    CSR says it's apparently the case and they can't even return the original UPC/MEID that I had to send in. That way I can't even send it in if a rebate was available via best buy or anywhere else as they require the original.

This disturbs me. Fine if BB isn't a "valid" store, but tell me upfront and don't screw me out of other rebates by not returning my original UPC/MEID
    06-07-2010 04:57 PM
    Best Buy waives the Rebate so the cost is 100.00 less then Verizon,so why would you think you would get a rebate from Best Buy if they waived it?????

Price from Verizon for Incredible $ 299.00 Price from Best Buy $199.00 you got your savings instantly so why mad?

Verizon charges you an extra $100.00 dollars, then makes you wait 6 weeks to get your own money it back.
    06-07-2010 05:03 PM
    Best Buy waives the Rebate so the cost is 100.00 less then Verizon,so why would you think you would get a rebate from Best Buy if they waived it?????

Price from Verizon for Incredible $ 299.00 Price from Best Buy $199.00 you got your savings instantly so why mad?

Verizon charges you an extra $100.00 dollars, then makes you wait 6 weeks to get your own money it back.
    Open and shut on this one... haha
    06-07-2010 05:09 PM
    Verizon was $199 with new every 2.

$100 rebate goes on top of that, even per the verizon store.

Plenty of people have done the same.

Edit: Should I walk into the store and take a pic of the card above the phone for nonbelievers?

Even if it was the case, send my original UPC back

CSR Sup has even admitted people have done the same getting phone for $99 in the end....
    06-07-2010 05:09 PM
    CSR Sup Handled it and saw the issue. $100 MIR is valid with new every two. Best Buy is not valid store for rebate. This probably would have been smother had I stuck with my Verizon order or bought it from the vzw store (when it became avail).

Two reasons why I think this is:

-BB Already Discounts their phones as we know to reflect the MIR up front. Therefore they are an invalid store right off the bat to the rebate center.
    -Rebate center also sees $199 and assumes it is BB MIR up front, and cannot distinguish from NE2 pricing and BB pricing.

In this case, my phone was $199 either way - from BB or Verizon with NE2 discount. Best Buy actually processed my order as a NE2 order and not as your standard $199 you see listed on the page for new contracts (which is with the MIR up front).

If you're still with me on this you realize that I should still have a $100 MIR coming still, no matter where I bought it.

Apparently it was a correct assertion, as while the rebate center said they cannot issue the rebate NOR return my original UPC, Verizon is STILL honoring my $100 rebate themselves and mailing it to me within the next few weeks.

I think Verizon did a good job on handling this one and I'm impressed. Sometimes explaining these things to CSRs isn't the easiest thing and we all know they have a standard response that can be hard to break through to get to the bottom line.

Kudos Verizon, but warning to others who might experience the same. I don't think many other people realize that you can't go buy it with a new contract from BB for $199 and get the $100 MIR. I think we might see some posts on that topic soon so this might serve as a good reference.
    06-07-2010 05:39 PM
    It looks like Verizon is not honoring their $100 rebate for inc's bought from best buy stores.

I even reupped my contract for 2 years and nothing stated it in the rebate but they're saying that best buy is not a valid store after the fact.

I'm about to go chew some CSR ***.
    I got my Inc. at Best Buy and I never had any thought at all about getting a rebate. I understood it to be that Best Buy was giving you the phone for $100 cheaper so you didn't need/have to wait for a rebate and obviously you couldn't get a rebate from VZW since you didn't buy it from them.

If people have done this, than I assume they just snuck it in without VZW catching it.

Also if you are ok with not getting your rebate, why do you want your UPC back so bad? Best Buy does not have any rebates and I don't know of any others that you could possibly get either.

Sorry, not trying to sound harsh, I'm just a little confused as to what the problem is.
    06-07-2010 05:41 PM
    Read above
    06-07-2010 05:42 PM
    CSR Sup Handled it and saw the issue. $100 MIR is valid with new every two. Best Buy is not valid store for rebate. This probably would have been smother had I stuck with my Verizon order or bought it from the vzw store (when it became avail).

Two reasons why I think this is:

-BB Already Discounts their phones as we know to reflect the MIR up front. Therefore they are an invalid store right off the bat to the rebate center.
    -Rebate center also sees $199 and assumes it is BB MIR up front, and cannot distinguish from NE2 pricing and BB pricing.

In this case, my phone was $199 either way - from BB or Verizon with NE2 discount. Best Buy actually processed my order as a NE2 order and not as your standard $199 you see listed on the page for new contracts (which is with the MIR up front).

If you're still with me on this you realize that I should still have a $100 MIR coming still, no matter where I bought it.

Apparently it was a correct assertion, as while the rebate center said they cannot issue the rebate NOR return my original UPC, Verizon is STILL honoring my $100 rebate themselves and mailing it to me within the next few weeks.

I think Verizon did a good job on handling this one and I'm impressed. Sometimes explaining these things to CSRs isn't the easiest thing and we all know they have a standard response that can be hard to break through to get to the bottom line.

Kudos Verizon, but warning to others who might experience the same. I don't think many other people realize that you can't go buy it with a new contract from BB for $199 and get the $100 MIR. I think we might see some posts on that topic soon so this might serve as a good reference.
    Oh ok, now I understand your issue a little better.

But it seems like your problem was not with the lack of the MIR, but rather the lack of the NE2 discount. That's because you bought the phone from Best Buy and to my knowledge they don't offer the NE2 because that is a VZW thing. So really if one was eligible for the NE2, the purchase would have to be made through VZW to get the best final price after all was said and done.

But I'm glad VZW worked with you on this and you were able to get it at the final price even though you bought it at Best Buy.
    06-07-2010 05:50 PM
    Yeah, I think it could have been that as well. However if I bought it at the VZW store it would have been a MIR after the NE2. Just different ways of doing things I guess.

Purchasing from VZW would have been best in this situation but the wait was killing me with a broken Storm 1 that would barely function.
    06-07-2010 05:57 PM
    Again if you knew you had New Every 2 why go to best buy? read your contract do you follow me now. LOL And how do you send in a UPC code without the rebate recpt.?
    06-07-2010 06:01 PM
    Why would you think that Verizon would honor a mail in rebate on a purchase made from an entirely different company (best buy) ?

Verizon offers the rebate to customers of thier company to try and get more people to buy FROM THEM.
    06-07-2010 07:55 PM
    I thought Best Buy does does ne2. And again i thought Best Buy was a valid retailer. I know Verizon gives Best Buy kickbacks if they do anything with Verizon so I don't see how they can say it isn't a valid retailer. I am a little confused by all of this. When i originally bought my phone at Best Buy it was $199 because they just took the $100 off instead of a MIR. At Verizon stores it was running $299 with a $100 MIR.
    06-07-2010 08:26 PM
    Verizon's online store always gives you a price with an instant online rebate. I assume that BB's price is also the same thing. In that case, you are getting the rebate already and you do not have any real claim for $100 more.

You are also getting the any2 price as well. $149 or $199 was after any 2 AND rebate. BB just gives the rebate as instant rebate while Verizon you pay $100 more and get rebate back.

Either way, Verizon shouldn't be giving you an extra rebate.
    06-07-2010 10:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD