will the INC get flash with 2.2

izzyncade

Master of the Universe
May 14, 2010
Visit site
I could play games on addictinggames.com so I am fine with flash lite, but would not mind a definite answer on this either...

SpartanDroid

Mar 30, 2010
Visit site
Ya you get wifi hotspot, flash, and I believe wireless N too. You get a bunch of features. If you just look up Froyo on androidcentral there tons of videos showing all of the new features.

You can use your phone as a hot spot right now, but I dont think you can do wireless.

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
we should get all the goodies (flash is all but guaranteed) but verizon could force the removal of things like wireless hotspot if they really wanted to.

_JKK_

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
Flash is basically guaranteed, but I can see Verizon letting the tethering stay.

After all, they let the Palm Pre Plus and Palm Pixi Plus have a mobile WiFi hotspot app, and it doesn't cost anything. Maybe the Incredible will get that, too.

I know that that would definitely make my week (or month... :D)

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
even if it's taken out, once we have root and a custom recovery, it shouldn't be long before they are put back in.

_JKK_

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
'Once' being the key word :)

But that's true. I'd just rather have it official. I'm sure I'll root my phone (eventually, when I'm bored one day), but I'd rather be able to run stock Sense and flip a switch, and be browsing the internet on my laptop.

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
yea, stock is always nice, but verizon loves to charge for the little things.

why give it to us for free when they can have you pay another $30 a month?

it's free on the palm's because they need to move inventory. they can't keep the incredible in stock, so there's no reason to give away free things to us...

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
yea, but having a wireless hotspot would be more convenient for me for the rare instances i actually need to tether. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
axool