My first Inc would connect to wi-fi anytime I switched it on, but my replacement will only connect to wi-fi when i switch into airplane mode. This seems really strange to me, so I am looking for advice on this. I was able to get wi-fi to override the VZ network onetime after i switched the phone off and on, but ever since then I have to have airplane mode on for wi-fi to work... am I the only one, and what can I do?
    06-07-2010 09:30 PM
    Ya I have never had that problem ever. That is really weird. I would suggest possibly doing a master reset of the phone because it seems like some sort of bug. It shouldn't even connect to wi-fi in airplane mode because in airplane mode it cuts all communications, wi-fi, 3G, all transmissions. So for it to only connect in airplane mode is problem. It seems like everything is backwards for you. Are you sure you aren't possibly backwards? Is there an airplane on the notification bar when you can connect? Try looking in your wireless properties and see if everything looks correct there. If you can't figure it out do a master reset and back your data up. That is the best solution. If that doesn't fix it then take the phone in and get it replaced or have a rep look at it.
    06-07-2010 11:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD