I bought the Droid inc two days after it came out, upgrading from a MOTO Droid. I've been seeing that all other phones are getting root-ed before they are made public, and I'm a big fan of rooting so I really want it. Also I noticed that the Droid incredible didn't come with the amazon music store also. So the next Verizon phone to come out I'm just gonna go get it.
    I only have one service bar on the most of the time this never happened with my MOTO Droid. I can't find the cables for tv, and a front facing camera has been on my list for awhile.
    Anyone else?
    06-08-2010 01:17 PM
    ok, seriously? You're returning it b/c one, it's not rooted, YET, and two, b/c it didn't come with the amazon music store? I'm sure an app for that is coming. Wow.
    06-08-2010 01:22 PM
    I will be keeping my incredible because I love this phone. I'm a huge fan of having a rooted phone just give it so more time and we will have root access then all the fun will start.
    06-08-2010 01:24 PM
    Me too, I am getting rid of because I dont like how fast it is and how much better it is then any phone I ever had...stupid phone
    06-08-2010 01:25 PM
    if your not happy with it, i guess not much you can do about that. Rooting is not any part of an android requirement, so that you will have to just wait on it.
    06-08-2010 01:31 PM
    ok, seriously? You're returning it b/c one, it's not rooted, YET, and two, b/c it didn't come with the amazon music store? I'm sure an app for that is coming. Wow.

Yes, also because I only have one service bar on the most of the time this never happened with my MOTO Droid. I can't find the cables for tv, and a front facing camera has been on my list for awhile.
    06-08-2010 01:34 PM
    I'm getting rid of mine because it can't grow marijuana. I hate this phone.
    06-08-2010 01:36 PM
    sums up my response best.
    06-08-2010 01:37 PM
    I'm getting rid of mine because it can't grow marijuana. I hate this phone.
    Just call Verizon support and they should replace it for you. I had the same problem, but now mine grows some sticky-icky!
    06-08-2010 01:39 PM
    Yes, also because I only have one service bar on the most of the time this never happened with my MOTO Droid. I can't find the cables for tv, and a front facing camera has been on my list for awhile.
    Hate to say it, dude, but a tiny bit of research would have showed you that this might not have been the device for you in the first place.
    06-08-2010 01:45 PM
    Wow, you really should do some research. HTC has a built in signal manager on the Incredible. It is meant to save battery power. The phone, when not in use, goes into standby and holds just enough of a signal to keep a connection with the tower. As soon as you start using the phone, for voice or data, you will notice that the bars immediately jump up. As soon as you are finished, the bars fall back down into standby mode. If you go into the phone;s setting and look at the actual signal strength then you will see that it is constantly strong and on par with your Droid.

The cable is out there but yes it is very hard to find. As far as the front facing camera, I am pretty sure you should have noticed it didn't have one when you bought it. And I am hoping you didn't think it was possible to have one when FROYO 2.2 gets pushed out.
    06-08-2010 01:47 PM
    I am new to Android, but am LOVING my DI.... Signal bar may "show" lower, but still get good reception and haven't had any issues with it.
    06-08-2010 01:53 PM
    One word...Troll...
    06-08-2010 01:56 PM
    me? well i am sad to say i will be getting rid of the incredible also.i almost got fired cuz the damn alarm made me late for work multiple times. its an ok phone, but i gotta say im going with the iphone 4g. i know, boo me all day long. the ppl that hate the iphone cant have one and thats why they hate it. google and android gave it a good run, but cmon seriously. its an iphone 4 g. hate it all day, but dream about it all night. lol

edit: by the way im also keeping my moto droid from the big v as a back up phone for my gfriend. so im not completely out of the loop. hehe
    06-08-2010 01:58 PM
    I love my Incredible but I am also a bleeding edge technologist.

Will be getting the new Moto Xtreme or the Galaxy S if it is on Verizon.

Stop getting angry everyone. We are all a community. Flaming on other Android devices does no one any good.

Be respectful to your Android brethren. At least they aren't using iphones.

I always treat an Android user the sameway whether they have the behold 2, evo 4g, Moto Droid, Nexus One, or the Incredible.

Makes no difference to me. We are all family.
    06-08-2010 02:04 PM
    me? well i am sad to say i will be getting rid of the incredible also.i almost got fired cuz the damn alarm made me late for work multiple times. its an ok phone, but i gotta say im going with the iphone 4g. i know, boo me all day long. the ppl that hate the iphone cant have one and thats why they hate it. google and android gave it a good run, but cmon seriously. its an iphone 4 g. hate it all day, but dream about it all night. lol

edit: by the way im also keeping my moto droid from the big v as a back up phone for my gfriend. so im not completely out of the loop. hehe
    i give you guys free reign to flame this guy.

Go run back to your iphone 4g if the Inc couldn't cut it for you.

BTW I could've had an iphone at anytime even before an Android was ever released.

I choose not to because Apple is a lock you down type of company. Hated itunes and said no thank you to any iphone device. All my family members got an iphone and I steadily refused.

I got the Moto Droid -> Incredible. Off to the Xtreme as my next phone.

I will always go ANDROID. It's just in my dna. I don't like being a slave to Apple. Get your facts straight.

i have an Android phone because that's the phone I wantyed. Not because some crappy idevice was unavailable on my network
    06-08-2010 02:09 PM
    LOL, wow never heard of incredible fan boys, but I guess thats exactly what you guys are. Flaming someone because they choose something other than what you have. GET OVER IT... not everyone wants this phone. Geeeeeez, be happy with what you have, and let others be happy with what they have.
    06-08-2010 02:18 PM
    Changing an Android device for another Android device is perfectly acceptable in my book.

I'm an Android fan boy first and foremost. It's in my dna. I don't have any loyalty to the manufacturer, only to google.

I will however flame on the weak isheep though, especially when they make ridiculous comments like

'the only reason you have a droid is because you couldn't get an iphone'

That kind of response is just an insult to our way of being and I will respond negatively.
    06-08-2010 02:26 PM
    Me too, I am getting rid of because I dont like how fast it is and how much better it is then any phone I ever had...stupid phone
    Hahahaha, agreed.
    06-08-2010 02:34 PM
    I wasn't aware that AT&T had already rolled out a 4g network for the new iphone to leverage. ;-) Good luck with that....
    06-08-2010 02:34 PM
    me? well i am sad to say i will be getting rid of the incredible also.i almost got fired cuz the damn alarm made me late for work multiple times. its an ok phone, but i gotta say im going with the iphone 4g.
    iPhone 4g? Let me know how that goes getting the iPhone with a 4g radio!
    06-08-2010 03:14 PM
    leave the iphoney alone i guess. They don't know any better.
    06-08-2010 03:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD