Strange happenings ...

wryun

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I have been using my Droid Incredible for about an hour and a half straight. Twice during this time I have seen an HTC logo pop up, my screen then goes dark, and a spinning wheel shows up for about 10 seconds. After that, my screen goes back to notmal. Have any of you seen this before?

rader023

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I have been using my Droid Incredible for about an hour and a half straight. Twice during this time I have seen an HTC logo pop up, my screen then goes dark, and a spinning wheel shows up for about 10 seconds. After that, my screen goes back to notmal. Have any of you seen this before?

Ive had that about six times. About 4 in the same day. I am guessing sense is resetting for some reason.

nygolfmc

May 4, 2010
Visit site

Mine just started doing it, but I figured mine was because I installed TaskPanel X and set it to only autokill the calendar. It is really strange, but I have had the same thing happening.

anon(30569)

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Hm. I agree with radar023, it sound like the UI resets :/ Picked up mine about 3 hours ago, its got some hard usage in that time- downloaded about 40 apps,wallpapers,live wallpapers, games, all that and I havent seen any of that i hope it stops for ya!

SpartanDroid

Mar 30, 2010
Visit site
I really have never seen that. I have had my phone since launch and have never had that problem before. Sometimes things will freeze but all that ends up happening is a force close. That is very strange.

bespinct

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
I've had mine since launch too. I have seen it every so often, usually when moving from GMAIL back to the home screen. Historically, I haven't been archiving my mail. I went online to archive everything and I haven't seen it since.

I was thinking that it may be the system clearing memory. It's never longer than a second or two, so I haven't really worried about it.

Steve in CT

wryun

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Never seen anything like that. Have you downloaded some kind of funky app?

The only thing I think changed before it happened was installing HandcentSMS. I do not use any task killers, so I know it's not that. I just removed HandcentSMS so I will see how my phone does now.

Thanks.

wryun

May 17, 2010
Visit site
UPDATE:
I don't want to jinx it (knock on wood) but ever since I removed HandcentSMS I have not had the "htc" logo reboot problem.

lcsglvr

Apr 11, 2010
Visit site
I have had it in RARE cases. However, once I downloaded TaskPanel and set it to auto-kill the calendar, I've been having it more frequently.

Upstreammiami

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
this happened to me a couple of days a go.. but i remembered it happened while opening an app and also another one clicking on a link... im guessing it happens while your going to run something

rugbyua9

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
I've had it happen to me too... only when i am doing something processor heavy on the phone (installed the program, clicked to run it immediately after installing, it didn't open up and opened up another program which caused my phone to lag). My guess, is its a fault system that resets the UI when the processor is overrun to maybe save battery or keep from freezing/crashing in a more ugly manner?

Just my $0.02

Revolutionary

May 12, 2010
Visit site
This happens when you kill a process (or it fails) that is being used by the UI. So if you are running the calendar widget, for example, and you autokill the calendar app, you will trigger a UI reboot (which will just relaunch the calendar app for the widget, so don't bother autokilling the calendar if you want to use the widget!).

For wryun, I'm guessing Handcent was interacting with a widget? Like perhaps the messages widget? Perhaps you had a conflict where both the stock messages app and Handcent were tapping the widget? Dunno about that one -- sounds like instability in Handcent was as far as you can go with it. I'm running Handcent and have used it to replace the stock app for the messages widget, and I haven't had a single crash or force close.

fuzzy#AC

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
my phone reset today, first time i think, also

shut it off last night to charge and when i woke up it was on...strange

i've had it since launch and it seems to be getting really buggy the last week or so

wryun

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Here I am 5 days after removing HandcentSMS and I have not had one single reboot/original problem I posted about. I believe HandcentSMS is the culprit. Which is a bummer because that app rocked. I hope they come out with an update soon to fix the issue.

rpfarrah

May 3, 2010
Visit site
my phone reset today, first time i think, also

shut it off last night to charge and when i woke up it was on...strange

i've had it since launch and it seems to be getting really buggy the last week or so

Any new or recently updated apps?

Here I am 5 days after removing HandcentSMS and I have not had one single reboot/original problem I posted about. I believe HandcentSMS is the culprit. Which is a bummer because that app rocked. I hope they come out with an update soon to fix the issue.

That's too bad. I've had no significant issues at all with Handcent - seems to work great. the only thing I've had a challenge with is sending pictures via the app. But it could also be operator error.... :D

aplittle

May 20, 2010
Visit site
I have not seen this on mine. I have been using it heavily since I got it and have not had any issues. If I do see it I will try to figure out what I did/changed before it happened and post it here.

Aaron

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance