Calling out on Google Voice...

mr.s4ndm4n

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
How come when i call someone using Google Voice, while its connecting it says, "calling via Google Voice number ***-***-****," but that number isn't MY google voice number?

doctorg23

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
That is a generic call out number that the program uses. It would make sense to dial your GV number followed by the number you want to call, but alas that is not how the program is written. Anyone know why this is the case?

rayzaname

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
That is an intermediary number that Google uses internally to connect the call. It's normal, and your actual Google Voice number will show up on the other person's caller ID.

mr.s4ndm4n

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
That is a generic call out number that the program uses. It would make sense to dial your GV number followed by the number you want to call, but alas that is not how the program is written. Anyone know why this is the case?

I figured it was just a generic number, i was just curious if there was a reason why. Thanks though.

trmoney24

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
i am guessing they are doing this on purpose so that you cannot get completely free calling if you add your GV number to your friends & family list. sure you can add that generic call out number to your friends & family list, but i think that changes every so often.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon