How come when i call someone using Google Voice, while its connecting it says, "calling via Google Voice number ***-***-****," but that number isn't MY google voice number?
    06-09-2010 08:35 AM
    That is a generic call out number that the program uses. It would make sense to dial your GV number followed by the number you want to call, but alas that is not how the program is written. Anyone know why this is the case?
    06-09-2010 08:47 AM
    That is an intermediary number that Google uses internally to connect the call. It's normal, and your actual Google Voice number will show up on the other person's caller ID.
    06-09-2010 08:49 AM
    That is a generic call out number that the program uses. It would make sense to dial your GV number followed by the number you want to call, but alas that is not how the program is written. Anyone know why this is the case?
    I figured it was just a generic number, i was just curious if there was a reason why. Thanks though.
    06-09-2010 08:49 AM
    You should be aware the the generic call out number that GV uses will be billed on your minutes.
    06-09-2010 09:00 AM
    i am guessing they are doing this on purpose so that you cannot get completely free calling if you add your GV number to your friends & family list. sure you can add that generic call out number to your friends & family list, but i think that changes every so often.
    06-09-2010 01:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD