Best Profile switching App

BigpappaJ

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Hey everyone, I have been searching for a good Profile Switching App... I tried out the trial for eMode and am currently trying out "Switching Profiles".

The one feature I would really like to have is GPS based profile switching. Both of those apps do it... I couldn't get the eMode map to ever show up when trying to select a location though.

It seems like Switching Profiles will do everything I want and then some, but I thought I would get a little feedback on this topic. Feel free to provide comments on either of these apps and your experience with them as well. Thanks!

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
HTC just released a simple profile switching widget.. You have to update your "Get more HTC widgets" and it will be there, also have a new one for ringtones..

slinky317

Oct 18, 2009
Visit site
So I'm confused about the HTC widget. Does it do anything different besides holding the power button down for 2 seconds and selecting the profile that way?

I want to have a "bedside mode" that will let me hear sounds for phone calls and SMS/MMS, but disable sounds for all other notifications. I tried the "Profiles" app, but it was messing with my sounds too much and randomly shutting off the vibrate mode.

BigpappaJ

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the replies... the HTC widget I can't even get to show up after I install it...

That doesn't satisfy what I'm looking for though, I want near complete profile control... sounds, BT, Wi-Fi, etc... and GPS tracking to switch those profiles if I can.

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the replies... the HTC widget I can't even get to show up after I install it...

That doesn't satisfy what I'm looking for though, I want near complete profile control... sounds, BT, Wi-Fi, etc... and GPS tracking to switch those profiles if I can.

it's there under applications I think after you hit widgets..
It's buried.

BigpappaJ

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Yeah thanks, I found it under "settings"... I'm blind :p

This still doesn't really do anything like I would like though... cool find, but not what I want.

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Yeah thanks, I found it under "settings"... I'm blind :p

This still doesn't really do anything like I would like though... cool find, but not what I want.

I hear ya....I had it on my wm phone and it was called CT scheduler that after 9 would turn BT off, etc. Gosh I miss my q9m more than my bb lol.

IT'S IN BETA!!!

http://www.connectivetools.com/ctscheduler_ndr.html

LOVED THIS APP ON WM!!!!

Last edited:

BigpappaJ

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Might have to check it out when it gets out of beta. I'm really liking "Setting Profiles" so far... but the lite version only allows me to set one profile. I do this, and set my house as the location... but even 5+ miles from that location it seems to activate that profile.

I'm not sure if this is because it assumes that the 1 profile should be the default or not. I need to create it without the location profile... or with a far away location, and see what happens.

hls811

May 14, 2010
Visit site
Might have to check it out when it gets out of beta. I'm really liking "Setting Profiles" so far... but the lite version only allows me to set one profile. I do this, and set my house as the location... but even 5+ miles from that location it seems to activate that profile.

I'm not sure if this is because it assumes that the 1 profile should be the default or not. I need to create it without the location profile... or with a far away location, and see what happens.

I'm using the Lite version of Settings Profiles too.. I'm not confident enough to do it location based, but it does have a widget, so I'm just using that to switch back and forth based on where I am. It seems promising.. CT Scheduler does look like it has even more features, at least with other versions of it.

BigpappaJ

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
After a couple days I decided to go with "Setting Profiles"... while not the most reliable as far as location based profiles go, the developer seems to know what hes doing and I have confidence it will get there. It also is very reliable so far, as far as all the other switching events go, time, calendar, battery state, etc. nothing has happened that shouldn't, and all that should does. I especially like the widget... widgets are always good :) and being able to temporarily set a profile for a set amount of time easily. Anyways, just wanted to let you guys know. Thanks!

socal sxt

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
So I'm confused about the HTC widget. Does it do anything different besides holding the power button down for 2 seconds and selecting the profile that way?

I want to have a "bedside mode" that will let me hear sounds for phone calls and SMS/MMS, but disable sounds for all other notifications. I tried the "Profiles" app, but it was messing with my sounds too much and randomly shutting off the vibrate mode.

Get Ring Manager pro for this, it works great.

jdposhkus

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Does anybody know if there is some sort of profile app that will power up wifi BT and GPS when the device is plugged in. This would be nice when the Inc plugged in and say mounted in a car dock.

Groucho

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
I have tried just about all of them and settled on Timeriffic. Controls everything and does not mess with anything you don't want changed. Tells you what profile you are on and what will activate next. Not much talk about Timeriffic but very worthwhile checking out.

milominderbinde

May 25, 2010
Visit site
It seems that Timeriffic is only based on time, not location?

And unless I am missing something, the new Profile widget from HTC just has three general settings and requires you to make the changes?

Has anyone tried Ultimate Profile?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad