32hours of battery life and still half battery to go!

Fareo

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
4687620708_a8e7bb0890_b.jpg

Ok heres the deal. I've upgraded to the seidio 1750mah and I was flipping through the battery sticky thread and I had an idea. Ive had my battery for over 2 week so its been conditioned. I was getting 9-10 hours on the stock battery and with the seidio I got 12 or so then it started getting better and I went 15-17hours. I noticed that if you charge the phone while its on (like I'm sure most of you do) if the phone is on and the batt indicator is green, turn the phone off and chances are the light will turn red and start charging again. I figured this was a fluke but for the last few days I've been trying this and i went 22hours yesterday with over half battery.

is this a glitch in 2.1?
is this an HTC problem?
is this a glitch in sense?
did i unlock god mode for my battery?

I have no idea but all I know is my mind is blown at the 1d 7h 39m 9s? so try it with your phone, stock or seidio battery and see if it gives you more battery. also with both my stock battery and seidio charged while on, when I would unplug it after an hour or 2 the battery would drop 1/4 even just sleeping in my pocket. the rest of the day it would drain just fine? its like it thinks is full and then all the sudden, nope its not and skips a chunk of the battery. so I donno? what do you guys think?

also to note on the day i went 32hours, i had GPS WIFI SYNC off in the background.

howarmat

Trusted Member
Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
so you turned the sync/gps/wifi off....

also this method has been discussed many times, i really can say it matter on my phone though. i can still get 25-30 hours if i want with wifi/sync/gps on and actually enjoy the phone and all its features

Fareo

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site

also this method has been discussed many times, i really can say it matter on my phone though. i can still get 25-30 hours if i want with wifi/sync/gps on and actually enjoy the phone and all its features

charging with the phone on and with everything off i was still only getting 15-17 hours though?

Fareo

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
i didnt know im new to smart phones i thought i stumbled onto pandoras box when it lasted that long. so is it bad for the battery then?

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site

Wow I need to figure out how you guys are doing this. I'm getting 12 hours pretty decently now with everything on, WiFi/Mobile, GPS, and Sync....but I watch a lot of video and listen to a lot of audio with game etc mixed in....

Time for me to do a system audit and find out what can be cut and see if I can't alter a few habits. This is on a Seidio 1750 too.

howarmat

Trusted Member
Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Wow I need to figure out how you guys are doing this. I'm getting 12 hours pretty decently now with everything on, WiFi/Mobile, GPS, and Sync....but I watch a lot of video and listen to a lot of audio with game etc mixed in....

Time for me to do a system audit and find out what can be cut and see if I can't alter a few habits. This is on a Seidio 1750 too.
yeah i dont do much of that...web browsing and gtalk are bigger on my list.

I can do this everyday, but if i need stretch it out cause i know i wont have a charger available i know i can. And basically i dont even care anymore and get the 18-20 hours most times if i actually let it run down. I charge it now once it gets to 30-40% since i have plenty of charger available to me. But i like to know what i can get in a pinch too

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
Yeah mine hasn't seen below about 20-30% in the last two weeks. I always have a charger handy for most occasions. But it would be nice to know it would last if I really needed it!

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
I love these threads. Why are u not using the DI? I mean with all the cross state traveling calling hookers searching Craigslist and making videos I only get maybe 7 hours on my 1750 battery. I'm glad I just order the 2150 battery.

anon(30569)

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Third day with my indredible, stock battery, and I have wifi on atm. I unplugged my phone after a full night of charging, made one phone call that lasted 45 seconds, sent 3 texts messages and in about 15 minutes i was down to 85%.... :/ i have the sync thing off, and brightness at 1/2... Im going to order a bigger battery as soon as i get paid tomorrow o_O

rpfarrah

May 3, 2010
Visit site
Third day with my indredible, stock battery, and I have wifi on atm. I unplugged my phone after a full night of charging, made one phone call that lasted 45 seconds, sent 3 texts messages and in about 15 minutes i was down to 85%.... :/ i have the sync thing off, and brightness at 1/2... Im going to order a bigger battery as soon as i get paid tomorrow o_O

Read the other battery threads for more info that will help you.

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
Yea read the other threads. Just getting ready to do a voodoo dance and not enjoy your incredible.

Groucho

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
This whole battery thing has become an obsession! As most of you normal people are saying you are never so far away from a charger that battery life is unmanageable. It is has to be noted that all phones have different apps and there are some poorly written ones out there that eat battery. It is also pretty clear that the longer you have your INC the better the battery life gets. Not because of any phenomenom, simply because the "new toy" effect is wearing off and you are not only playing with it less but also doing things more efficiently that results in less battery use.

For those of you that are still obsessed go over to the EVO4g thread and read the handwringing that is going on over there about battery life and speed. Besides the Sprint problems it appears the EVO4g, while I am sure a very good device is not nirvana. I for one have completed the 10 Step Battery Anonymous Program and just don't care anymore.

trebores

May 20, 2010
Visit site
Hi! My name is Rob and I'm... :D

Hey, My name is Rob too and I'm a recovered batteryaholic!

Seriously, I'm done using the Incredible non-stop for hours and with the Seido 1750, I can probably go 2 days now with normal usage. Even using it to play games and stuff, and heavier use, I can now get through a day. I still keep a spare on hand that I charge with an external charger I got on ebay (with 2 batts for $20) just in case.. problem solved.

shoman24v

May 15, 2010
Visit site
This battery really doesn't have the GREATEST life, but it's defiantly better then the 1300. I used mine pretty much the whole time and I have an up time of 4:38 and an awake time of 1:51.

64% still remains. Not the best. But If I continue to use it like I do it won't make it for an entire day still.

bbui4

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site

The same happens to me. I think I need to start bump charging until my 1750 battery comes in the mail.

shoman24v

May 15, 2010
Visit site
When it's done charging the battery in the OS leave the charger plugged in and just turn the phone off. For me, with my 1750 it charged for another 28-30 minutes.

CRKhead

May 2, 2010
Visit site
Has no one noticed that the OP's battery usage shows 42% standby and 40% idle? This means the phone was being unused for 82% of that 1 day 7 hours... The phone only experienced usage for 5.5 hours or so total during that time... Of course his battery is lasting...

EDIT: Dammit... I jumped into a dead post resurrection conversation...

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance