K-9 Mail app..gets e-mails quickly!

nneptune

May 22, 2010
Visit site
I just installed the app K-9 mail.
I didn't like waiting over 10 minutes for my POP3 mail with the stock email client.

K-9 can check every minute if you want it to, so e-mail notification is nearly instant!

Sure, it's probably a HUGE drain on the battery to set it up to check so often, but many people I know don't bother to text, but email me for quick responses, and it works very, very well!

It took only a minute to set up my POP3 account, and I have to say that I'm impressed!

Anyone else who like getting their emails pushed quickly might want to try this app... just passing on my experience. It may help someone out there!:D

krelvinaz

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
Been using K-9 since the day I got my Dinc when they were released.

Pretty good.. with only a few minor nits that will eventually I'm sure get ironed out (like copy from an email message so you can paste it else where)...

Development is active, though it is sometimes hard to know what the newest release changed/added since the history is not always up to date.

nneptune

May 22, 2010
Visit site
Changes (updated daily if not hourly)

Changes - k9mail - Project Hosting on Google Code

Newest builds

Downloads - k9mail - Project Hosting on Google Code

2.8 should be in the Market this weekend.

What email service are you using? If you can set it up as IMAP, K-9 can PUSH instead of POLL the messages (truly instant delivery and much, much lighter battery drain)

My e-mail service is through my ISO, Mediacom.
I'll give them a call to see if I can set it up using IMAP.

Everything is a damn battery killer!;)

Groucho

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
K-9 2.8 is available in Market now. If you become a K-9 user make sure you check the web site frequently as minor updates are released frequently and do not make it to the Market. The download and installer on the K-9 site is as easy or easier then Market.

nneptune

May 22, 2010
Visit site
K-9 2.8 is available in Market now. If you become a K-9 user make sure you check the web site frequently as minor updates are released frequently and do not make it to the Market. The download and installer on the K-9 site is as easy or easier then Market.

Most definitely!
I uninstalled the program earlier because I wanted to reinstall and set it up for IMAP... Of course, my ISP does not support IMAP yet (what year is it?)..
So, I downloaded again, and it was a new version.

Yep. Gonna keep checking that website. Thanks for the heads up!:)

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000