Incredible LAG lately....

dreedy1

Apr 11, 2010
Visit site
Ok so I've had my Incredible for less than a week now and it was amazing at first but here in the last two days for some reason, the phone has developed a seriously terrible lag with any app, texting, emails, refresh and even sense. I have 694MB of available phone memory and 6.54GB of storage, using a Seidio 1750maH battery and Advance Task Killer to kill any running apps in the backround. I've powered down and done a battery pull a couple times and it's not helping. I'm getting force closes on SMS/MMS inbox now. My phone isn't rooted and the only apps I've downloaded from the Market are:

Advance Task Kill
Password Vault
Checkbook
Pandora
Ringdroid
Barcode Scanner
Touchdown for Exchange

It just doesn't make any sense and it's really starting to become annoying. Can anyone give me some advice on to what is causing this lag and what I need to do to fix it?

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Remove advanced task killer from your phone that is what is slowing you down. You are probably killing programs that the phone needs to be active to run. Download system panel instead its much better but don't worry about killing apps your OS will do that as needed.

SpartanDroid

Mar 30, 2010
Visit site
Ya i would suggest just getting rid of the task killer. And if for some reason your phone starts to get too laggy then just turn it off and turn it on and it will kill all unnecessary apps.

It was previously suggested by another user to use task panel and put the calendar on the kill list because it sometimes doesn't stop and kills your battery. And that is all you should do. No need to use the task killer. Just doing these things should help the lag.

rpfarrah

May 3, 2010
Visit site
OP: Suggest you review the several threads that talk about ATK and it's issues - see if it is something you want to keep.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781