06-16-2010 04:29 PM
57 123
tools
    So I don't have a usb_driver folder. I folloed the video instructions perfectly
    Ok so you have an issue, or you don't? Not sure exactly what you mean.
    06-16-2010 11:23 AM
    Ok so you have an issue, or you don't? Not sure exactly what you mean.
    Im assuming I should have the driver folder and this may be the issue
    06-16-2010 11:29 AM
    So I don't have a usb_driver folder. I folloed the video instructions perfectly
    Ran into the same issue. You have to download the driver package from within the SDK setup. After that, you will see the USB_Driver folder.

Incidentally, adding the driver to device manage didn't help me achieve root access.
    06-16-2010 11:48 AM
    Ran into the same issue. You have to download the driver package from within the SDK setup. After that, you will see the USB_Driver folder.

Incidentally, adding the driver to device manage didn't help me achieve root access.
    I just re ran the setup and there are no packages listed for install.
    06-16-2010 11:54 AM
    I exported my PDAnet drivers over and modified but still a no go. I guess I am meant to wait for full ROOTing.
    06-16-2010 01:43 PM
    Don't feel bad, I installed those drivers and it didn't help me either. I even tried multiple SD cards now including bad cards. According to the XDA wiki it says the cheapest and crappiest card you can get help you even more. We I've now tried everything from a 512mb class1 sandisk transcend to a 32GB class 6 Sandisk SDHC and everything in between. (512mb/1Gb/2Gb/4Gb/8Gb/16Gb/32Gb class 1-6)

Nothing has worked for me. I'm at a loss, maybe Sandisk card don't work for root?? I've followed every tutorial from front to back multiple times every day since the root technique came out and can't get it to let me into adb recovery mode. My phone isn't even recognized when I get into recovery mode, the computer makes sounds but doesn't show anything in device manager. So I dunno, guess I'm done with it until something better comes along.
    06-16-2010 01:54 PM
    I just re ran the setup and there are no packages listed for install.
    - Navigate to the SDK folder in the root of C then locate and execute SDK Setup.exe
    - Cancel the first screen that appears if you receive the error regarding inability to access the website.
    - Select Settings in the left pane of the Android SDK and AVD Manager window.
    - Click to select "Force https://..."
    - Click Available packages in the pane on the left then click the Refresh button at the bottom on the right.
    - Expand the site that appears then select the USB Driver Package at the bottom of the list.
    - Click Install Selected and allow the installation to proceed

Following the install you should be able to locate a usb_driver folder in your SDK folder
    06-16-2010 04:29 PM
57 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD