GOOD messaging Client

BBHull

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Is anyone else using the Good Messaging client for the Incredible (www.good.com)? We tried this client and we found that the client will not allow the device to sleep. If you check the battery uptime and standby, they are identical. Diagnostics show Good as the culprit. With the client loaded, we get only about 7 hours of battery life, even with the device "asleep". If we remove the client and use activesync, we get almost 2 days. GOOD refuses to acknowledge an issue and says we are the only ones having trouble.
I am curious if that is true or not? I understand it may work on other Android devices, but I am focused on the HTC Incredible.

lobomo

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
It is not just you. I have the exact same issue with my Incredible. Through trial and error I found that the GoodLink app was not letting the phone sleep, causing the battery to drain. I found that even if I put GoodLink in OFFLINE mode it still did not let the phone sleep. I used Advanced Task Killer to kill it and then noticed that my up time and standby time became different. My battery time improved but I haven't left the app Killed for more than an hour so. I plan on leaving it off (killed) this weekend and I'll then see how much improvement I get.