Quick silence notifications

Feldhege

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
I know you can silence calls by hitting the vol down button when the phone is ringing. Is there a shortcut to silence notifications too? If I am standing with vendors and my notifications go off I would like a way to quickly stop it. I use a long tone so that I don't miss the event but the only way I can seem to stop it is to turn on the phone, slide to unlock, and then clear the notifications from the bar at top. I was hoping to silence them with a key press instead. Maybe the power button?

dmoney17

May 13, 2010
Visit site
I use the Audio Manager widget (you can get it in the Market...I use the free version) to set the volume for my phone and for my notifications. The nice thing about the widget is that you can set different volumes for music, alarms, notifications, ringer, call volume, etc... You should give this a try to see if it helps you.

Feldhege

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
I have that already. Let me clarify. What I am wondering about is the occosional ability to silence notifications on the fly. For example, I get up to head to another office and my boss stops me to talk about an important project. At that time, my phone goes off telling me I have a notification (SMS, Email, Appointment). Because my boss is in the middle of an important statement, I don't want to pull out my phone, unlock it, slide down the notification bar, then clear the notification. Instead I would prefer to reach down to the phone push a button (without looking) and maintain eye contact. Insert customer, vendor, or upset wife for Boss if that helps. :)

CRKhead

May 2, 2010
Visit site
YES!!! I have my calendar set to remind me to move my car for alternate side of the street parking... I need something that grabs my attention... Problem is, when an Air Raid siren goes off in front of people, I'd like to be able to quickly rap a button and shut it off...

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
Just turn your phone face down on the table/desk/chair whatever. The light and proximity sensor will silence the phone.

droidmindy

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
I've been using the power button to quickly silence an incoming call and send it to voice mail, but unfortunately it doesn't seem to work for other notifications. Don't understand the logic behind that. I was also hoping that there was some easy trick or setting that I had missed. :confused:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante