Incredible Trial Period

Thehomez

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
Hey all, been reading the forum for a while but recently joined and can't wait to get my Android Device!

I ordered my dinc a couple of weeks back and am still waiting for it. It seems that everyone is loving theirs for the most part aside from the battery issues.

So I can't wait to get mine but I was wondering if I decide that I don't like it or can't deal with the poor battery performance would I be able to turn the phone back into Verizon within 30 days minus the restock fee and give the new Motorola Droid Xtreme a try?

I hope I end up loving the dinc but given that with my job I work overnight and 20-30 hour shifts a lot I need a phone that will last the whole day.

Thanks in advance for the help!

bigslam123

May 3, 2010
Visit site
Considering the Droid X has specs that meet or exceed the Incredible and it has a MUCH bigger screen, I wouldn't count on getting any better battery life from that.

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
All the new Android phones have basically the same battery issues. I wouldn't imagine the Moto-X getting much more than 6-8 hours on battery much like the Inc, EVO, and Nexus. If you are working 20-30 hour shift there will be no Android phone that will stretch you out that far without turning it off for hours and not really using it, unless you have access to charge it.

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
1500 isn't much better than the 1300 stock. 1750 is a marked improvement, the 2150 and 3500 can only be much better.

Thehomez

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for all the posts everyone! I thought the battery issue was more a limitation of the Dinc rather than Android but I see everyones point with the larger screen being an issue. I'll likely stick with the Inc and just pick up a better battery that isn't larger in size.

And just out of curiosity if I end up wanting to change to the Moto X after trying it out and I'm within my 30 day return period for the Inc is there a penalty for exchanging phones other than the restock fee?

CRKhead

May 2, 2010
Visit site
I thought the battery issue was more a limitation of the Dinc rather than Android but I see everyones point with the larger screen being an issue. I'll likely stick with the Inc and just pick up a better battery that isn't larger in size.

And just out of curiosity if I end up wanting to change to the Moto X after trying it out and I'm within my 30 day return period for the Inc is there a penalty for exchanging phones other than the restock fee?

The battery life is the sacrifice we have to make for more powerful phones that offer more features to us. While many are really upset about battery life, and others not so much, it all boils down to your usage patterns...

If you need a phone that is feature rich, and want to have an extended option right out of the box (meaning the ability to purchase an extended battery at the same time as your phone), the Incredible is going to be your best bet of the two, IMO... It has been out for almost 2 months now and now accessories are starting to come out... The most important of which, based on your needs, are the extended batteries...

Enjoy your shopping!