Abandoning the Incredible to Wait for Droid X

justapps

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I love my Incredible, but I would try the Droid X. You may like the extra screen size. I had an iPhone and I've noticed that the screen was wider and it made typing in portrait mode a breeze. I make more typos on the Incredible because of that. I'm not sure that the new larger 4.x in. screens are wide as the iPhone, but I know that would solve the issues.

What I wouldn't like is a heavier phone. To me, the Incredible feels a lot better in the pocket compared to my iPhone 2G.

johnnutz

May 7, 2010
Visit site
There are no features the Droid X will offer that would make me abandon my Incredible. I simply love the phone and still spend way too much time just playing around with it, even after owning it for over a month and a half.

At some point every phone is eclipsed by new technology. It's just the way it is. However, the Incredible's sleek size (which seems to be the perfect balance of screen size and portability) has tempered any envy for the Evo and the Droid X.

jared916

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Id take sense over blur any day
I personally rather have the style and size of the incredible over the x.
I don't like the back on the droidX either.

tbdaly

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
Why would you ever even consider going from a sexy device such as the incredible to a device the size of the X. I would never consider buying a PHONE with a 4.4 inch screen, have you seen the pics of it being held??? It's got basically the same processor and 720p capabilities. This phone is a fail in my opinion. Verizon is rushing out way too many phones back to back.

packer27

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
It took me three different tries, but finally, today they "put in a note" to cancel my Incredible order. I have no idea why they wouldn't let me before. They wanted me to get it then return it if I didn't like it. That's crazy considering that shortage of all phones with AMOLED.

How did you finally get them to do it? Mine is scheduled to be shipped by 6/30 and I just got back from the verizon store where they told me there was nothing they could do...i just want to cancel and pre-order the X asap

rosariorose9

May 2, 2010
Visit site
^^^

I totally agree. With my Ghost Armor I LOVE the slim form factor of the Incredible, and its speed and ease of use is orders of magnitude above my BB Storm. It'll be a LONG time before I trade it in for something new...

Raven#AC

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
How did you finally get them to do it? Mine is scheduled to be shipped by 6/30 and I just got back from the verizon store where they told me there was nothing they could do...i just want to cancel and pre-order the X asap

The last person I talked to didn't say she couldn't cancel the order, like the other reps did, she just said she would put a note onto my account making the request. I suppose asking them to do this would be the way to go. Good luck.

Although I'd love to have the huge screen of the Droid X, I prefer the smaller profile of the Droid 2 and will wait for that to come out in August. Which phone were you thinking of switching to?

Last edited:

gspeed

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
ya I just love HTC. They make exceptional quality devices. Who needs a big screen anyways. I'd rather buy a tablet if the screen is 4.4".

The Incredible is just art. It small size is just perfect for me. I can hold it one hand and in the other I can hold my remote. Perfect combination. I have small hands so the X will just be touch device for me to hold.

Everything on the X is overblown Motorola crap. They are a ****ty company who should be abolished in IMHO.

Stupid Droid was like a brick metal case. Who wants that crap.

I like the small sexy, good enough for a womans hands, and iphone looking device.

now that i've already made a commitment to the Incredible do you think there's any chance in hell I'd be willing to admit the X kicks ass.

hello no I will remain loyal to my Incredible and will incessantly deny any advantage the may have. Even if it does have an advantage I will try my darndest to minimize and parody it.

HDMI out is probably the stupid thing ever. I mean I have a camera filled with video from me and my families boring trips to NJ. Can you believe I've yet to use the HDMI out on the camera. Turns out no one wants to watch my boring videos I created.

Since this is true on my camera, I will find no use for The X's HDMI out, even though it will be capable of outputting videos from the internet and elsewhere.

getting a tattoo that reads HTC4Life

gspeed

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
In fact I think someone from this forum jumped ship from the Incredible JUST because it looks too much like the iPhone. Silly...but whatever.

That would be.. I equate the iphone as a womans phone.

i figure the X is a more masculine device. On top of the additional advantages it has over the INC

xblitz44x#CB

Jun 9, 2010
www.twitter.com
That would be.. I equate the iphone as a womans phone.

i figure the X is a more masculine device. On top of the additional advantages it has over the INC

I meant no offense, by the way. I can see where you're coming from. Guess that's why Moto/Verizon launched the "it's not a princess, it's a robot" campaign.

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
I hope VZW does same deal as ATT is doing with the iPhone. I'm finding no love with incredible no good rooting no roms. No accesorys its just here. As for sense I don't use it. Reception sucks battery sucks feels Like a toy.

_JKK_

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
I have the option to upgrade. It will be within my 30 days that it will be launched (probably).

However, I think I've decided to stay with the Incredible. The sizes of todays phones are ridiculous. 3.7"... That's where its at. Even Apple thought so (3.5").

Personally, 4.3/4.3" is too big. Hardware is nice, but its too big.

gspeed

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I meant no offense, by the way. I can see where you're coming from. Guess that's why Moto/Verizon launched the "it's not a princess, it's a robot" campaign.

No offense taken.

Ya i prefer diversity then everything looking identical. If i can't have people distinguish my Android device from a iphone, I feel as though I've already lost.

Bottom line I don't want anyone mistaking my device for an iphone.

kroman1107

May 15, 2010
Visit site
Yea verizon told me today they couldn't cancel my incredible but just to order the x when it comes out btw they couldn't give me a rime frame or pricing and the Inc would be cancelled or I wouldn't have to send it straight back when I get it. I'm kinda looking foward to giving ninjablur a try again I've got this eris.and run launcher pro white I like more the sense sense is cool and all. But if some one can explain why the x has more CPU power but it's underclocked? Will that make it slower then the incred? Kinda like buying a lambo with 500 horses but it's governed at 250 I dunno

Last edited:

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
No offense taken.

Ya i prefer diversity then everything looking identical. If i can't have people distinguish my Android device from a iphone, I feel as though I've already lost.

Bottom line I don't want anyone mistaking my device for an iphone.

As bad as I hate to say this, but that's freakin pathetic. Who gives a flying rats butt about what someone thinks about your device. You should buy devices for what you need or want it to do not what other people think about it. With that kind of thinking you might as well jump over with the iTards and get version 4.....

You dump a phone because someone think it looks like an iPhone.
You dump a phone because since someone thinks it looks like an iPhone you deem it a chic phone.
You dump a phone because people can't tell the difference between what you have an anyone else has.

I don't understand.

tangomonky

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Im excited about the size of this phone honestly. I use my phone more for texting then talking nowadays, and the only reason I dont use it for internet more often is because its a horrendous blackberry storm.

To me, a miniature tablet pc that can make phone calls in a pinch is just more useful. :)

My Incredible is supposed to ship on 6/25, so I figure by the end of my 30 days I will be ready to decide if I want to bail on it or not.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz