Before I buy an Incredible...

Raudic

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
So my enV Touch broke, and I'm eligible for a new upgrade, and I plan on getting an Incredible. The problem is that with the Droid X just over the horizon, I'm considering waiting for that. But I am in desperate need of a phone right now, as it is crippling my social life and I'm not sure how long I can wait. So right now, I'm contemplating this:

Buy the Incredible, and return it before 30 days (is this offers till valid? please let me know) and get the Droid X, assuming it comes out in the next 30 days.

Assuming I can't return it after 30 days, just buy the Incredible
Also assuming I can't return it after 30 days, tough it out and wait for the DX.

Any other ideas of what to do are welcome :)

jdposhkus

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Get the Inc.

1. Reason is that you can carry the INC in your pocket. Moto X requires the use of not-so-stylish duffel-bag...:p

grooks

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
It is rare, if not impossible, to find them in Verizon stores. If you want the Dinc right away check a few Best Buy stores as they sometimes get a few phones.

Prospekt

Jan 16, 2010
Visit site
I would just get the incredible unless you really want the monster sized screen. You can return it within 30 days and maybe by then you'll be able to play with the x and compare. But its not like you'd be "settling" for an incredible, Haha.

lsmunoz

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I would go with DInc as well. 3-4 week wait, but it is guaranteed at this point. There can still be an additional delay on the DX that would push you back further than the supposed 7/19 ship date on DX. Just my $0.02.

Raudic

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
It is rare, if not impossible, to find them in Verizon stores. If you want the Dinc right away check a few Best Buy stores as they sometimes get a few phones.

Yeah I was actually contemplating this. Could I still get it for the $199 upgrade price there using my existing Verizon account?

jayhawkfan18

A Dude
May 14, 2010
Visit site
If you can find it at the Verizon store, more power to you. But I called six in my area and stopped when the last store said: "Yeah, there's none available in-store at any Northeast locations."

Granted, my experience is from over a month ago, but I called about 30 stores in a two day time period and finally found one about 20 mins away from where I live. I kept getting that same answer too but didn't give up. I got lucky so I'd keep calling if I were you...

Argent

Mar 12, 2010
Visit site
after having played with my friends EVO - I prefer my Incredible - the screen physically may be larger - but the resolution is the same - meaning he gets just as much information on his screen as I do - everything's just larger (like it was made for elderlies who can't see well)

Now the Droid X's resolution is 'slightly' larger at 854x480 (vs 800x480 of the Inc/EVO) but that's not going to let you get more information on the screen either

Plus it's the size of a small moon....

MA2GA28

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I was actually contemplating this. Could I still get it for the $199 upgrade price there using my existing Verizon account?

BB sells the phone for $199, as they include the rebate you'd otherwise have to fill out and send in, regardless of if you buy new or update your current contract.

HOWEVER, if you have a 'New Every 2' credit via Verizon, YMMV getting BB to recognize/match it.

If you go the BB route, just look up the phone on their website and search local stores for it. I didn't get mine that way, but I've randomly checked a few times over the last 3 weeks and in my area 2 particular stores (out of 6) seem to have the DInc available once every 10 days or so.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463