Dinc System Update to 4.08.605.15

Jerpsauce

May 3, 2012
Visit site
Just installed it...evrything is syncing now, so I don't have a good handle on how it's handling. I'll report back with any issues. I hope this speeds things up a bit, but I'm not holding my breath.

sugabutt

Jun 22, 2012
Visit site
Yes, unfortunately I updated on Tuesday, and for the past 3 nights (ever since the update) the phone has, at 2am every night, started rebooting and getting stuck in a vicious cycle of rebooting. I just love waking up to "D R O I D" every night at 2am.

I've called Verizon and HTC and neither of them knew about the issue, and just told me to do a Master Reset - which I don't want to do. I'm hoping someone will come up with a solution soon, before I have to reset. I'm not alone - several other people over on the Verizon forum are reporting the same thing.

I even put it in Safe Mode and it still rebooted. Also I stopped Backup Assistant from running but that didn't change anything either.

DoubleD

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
The system update seems to have gotten pulled and is no longer showing up on my phone. From the responses above, it looks like it was a good decision to wait.

NIKSTORM

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
im still pissed that i installed the last update.... at first it would not install and then i read about pushing it onto my phone, and wow what a mistake.
i have had nothing but syncing and rebooting issues since .... i dont think im going to try this new update out ... i need my phone to last me another 2-3 weeks.

Jerpsauce

May 3, 2012
Visit site
Did have the middle of the night reboot issue, but hasn't done it since. it seems a little snappier, but that's not saying much after the previous update.

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
My phone is running CM7 so I didn't get the update, but my Wife's is stock and she is still 605.2. Checked and there are no updates waiting. :mad:

droidmindy

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
The update pushed to my phone (stock) this morning, I hit ok and went about my morning business. When I checked back, I got the insufficient memory message, so I cancelled out. I have 305MB free in phone storage right now.

I have a bunch of apps that could be moved to SD or deleted temporarily to free up phone storage but that'll have to wait until the weekend. I assume it'll be a few days before it's pushed again, so I'm waiting to hear more reports from people who were successful to see whether it's worth it.

Mungus9999

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
The update pushed to my phone (stock) this morning, I hit ok and went about my morning business. When I checked back, I got the insufficient memory message, so I cancelled out. I have 305MB free in phone storage right now.

I have a bunch of apps that could be moved to SD or deleted temporarily to free up phone storage but that'll have to wait until the weekend. I assume it'll be a few days before it's pushed again, so I'm waiting to hear more reports from people who were successful to see whether it's worth it.

If you use Bluetooth, its good. Read how to clear system cache on the DInc. Then update . Gets rid of insufficient memory.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Android Central Forums

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Yep - clear your caches and also delete text messages. If that does not work you may need to do a reset to get the update. I had to do that on my Wife's with the last update.

jerethi

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
This update just popped up for me as well. I tried to install it and got an insufficient memory error.

Normally I'd be a little annoyed with this, but since I have a Galaxy SIII coming to me in a few weeks, I won't have to deal with this for much longer. :)

drmaf894c

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
Just got the update on mine. Not sure what it has done yet though. Also a little surprised to get it. Called verizon for a separate issue the other day and they told me I wouldn't be getting it until much after i got my new phone (gs3)...

That is funny ha ha after I get my new phone... :D

gonzo2186

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
Got it around 3am, keeps wanting to reboot and install it even though it's installed. I also started getting a error message, stating that the phone can't login into my Google account. It prompts me to input my password, but when I do it states it's incorrect.

fragologist

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
what is this update? I figured the original dinc were not getting anymore updates. Not that I'm complaining. Also when I attempted to dload the update it notified me say my phone did not have enough space. I cleaned my phone but I do I get the notification for the update again for the dload?

mrbalky

Nov 21, 2011
Visit site
My phone keeps prompting me about the update. Is there a way to say "never" to this update and delete the image file?

There's nothing in it I want, and I particularly don't want the 2am reboot thing.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae