Headsets with mute button on the cord?

berrynetime

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone found a wired headset that allows you to mute a call from the on the line headset button? Coming from a blackberry and the headphone I used allowed me to mute the call with a quick press and end the call with a longer press. Great feature so I don't have to touch the phone itself.

Thanks for the help.

crump13

May 12, 2010
Visit site
Can you just use the one you used with your BB? I'm using the wired headphones that came with my BB. It has a button on the mic part but I have never used that button to know what it does, I just figured it would answer/hangup the call. I primarely use the wired headset to listen to music but not for conversation so I never fiddled with the button.

berrynetime

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
Yes, I've used the same headphones, but the mute functionality isn't there. Pressing the button just leads to answer/hangup. Not sure if this purely software on the phone or a combination of the right headset to software on the phone.

Commander

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
V-Moda makes some nice headphones. I've found them to block ambient noises well and have a button on some of their models. The V-Moda Duo I think was one and they have a newer model out now like the premier... ::: v-moda :::

figgskzoo

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
I too came from the BB world and the mute functionality of the mic button on the headset was something I used all the time. On the BB it was short-press to mute/unmute, long press to hang up, double press to redial last number. Here's the rub - on a couple calls I was on last week, this is exactly how it worked on my (htc evo) 'droid (2.2), too. Today, it's working just as the OP stated, only as answer/hangup, and in my case a double-press will redial the last number. Does anyone have thier mic button working to mute/unmute the mic during a call?

I'll refrain from posting how annoying it is that when not in a call the mic button launches music player and plays the first song in the current list (totally eff'n stupid feature).

Sure would love to hear what others are experiencing in-call with wired, mic'd, and buttoned headsets...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital