Best input method for inc

What do you use the most?

• Total voters

rhippler

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
Tried swype and liked it but the fact that there is no voice button is kind of a deal breaker. using the stock kbd for now. may give it another try if they add the voice button to it. it also flaked out on me and quit working.

eazid

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Swype Then The Sense Keyboard

Swype Then The Sense Keyboard

I say this because swype is awesome...
I switch between them a lot for different applications...

Web use goes to the sense keyboard because passwords and urls are a no go for Swype.

Also sometimes the finger doesn't glide smoothly across the glass in certain situations. humidity, sweet, whatever.

But yeah... Swype is awesome.

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
If I didn't have Swype, and before I had it, the XT9 HTC keyboard was the way to go. I used it and loved it up until I got other options. I wouldn't hesitate to go back now if I couldn't use Swype. I guess it just depends on if you have the mind and patience to get used to using Swype. I almost gave up on it on day 2, until I figured out you don't have to be 100% accurate on the key swypes ;)

ski2tee

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I am also using Swype and really like it now that I have been using it for a couple of days but I have run into an issue. After installing Swype, my phone will no longer go into sleep mode. I have to manually put it into sleep mode by pressing the power button. Not quite sure how to fix this issue. Anybody else having the same problem?

bark8015

Mar 4, 2010
Visit site
Where did you get the red Swype version? and what is the difference really?

I can't speak for rp, but I believe the red version was an early beta that was linked in one of the previous threads that have since been closed.

I have it as well and it is fantastic.

rpfarrah

May 3, 2010
Visit site
That's a new one. Go to your sleep settings and change the time it is supposed to sleep. Get out of settings and reboot. Did it change?

jgurnett

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site
In Portrait Mode I love Swype, my fat thumbs are too clumsy to type there. However, in Landscape Mode I prefer the original keyboard. Seems to me that the keys are space too far apart for swype to be advantageous in Landscape.

Does anyone know if there is an app that can set up a rule that allows for one input method for portrait, and a different one for landscape???

That would rock!!

rader023

May 17, 2010
Visit site
In Portrait Mode I love Swype, my fat thumbs are too clumsy to type there. However, in Landscape Mode I prefer the original keyboard. Seems to me that the keys are space too far apart for swype to be advantageous in Landscape.

Does anyone know if there is an app that can set up a rule that allows for one input method for portrait, and a different one for landscape???

That would rock!!

This would be my preferred route as well. Love swype for portrait, hate it for landscape.

chaddymoff

Nov 18, 2009
Visit site
Swype in portrait has covered 95% of all my keyboarding. The other slim percent is the Sense in landscape.

Surely hope Swype sees this poll and makes the finished product available in The Market.

CarbonRink

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
I just got swipe for my droid and it is great. I love it. It works great. Just have to get used to it. Once you do that. You get it down, you will love it too.

Sent from my Incredible using Tapatalk

anon(30235)

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
OK...I wish I could change my vote. Now that I have spent more time with Swype, I love it. I can input text a lot more quickly and just as accurately.

jermaine151

May 6, 2010
Visit site
Swype for me!! And after reading this thread, Swype in black and red (so sexy)!!! I need to find a nice profile app like that: Swype in portrait and htc or droid x (multi-touch) in landscape and browser... hmmm... The search begins!

jasonb

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
not a fan of swype. i use a themed version of the stock HTC keyboard.

CAP201006252235.jpg

CAP2010062522351.jpg

Last edited:

drfundy

May 10, 2010
Visit site
Surely hope Swype sees this poll and makes the finished product available in The Market.

Same here I have a feeling they are going to use the demand for it as leverage to negotiate with verizon or htc but I hope I am way off about that.

I'll gladly give them fifty bucks for a lifetime of the device or perpetual license and I'm sure I would never have to request support for it.

jland22

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
Not sure which is better but I came across an app called Shapewriter and it works awesome. Probably in the same realm as swype but not sure which is the better of the two?

jesso

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
I love Swype, I'm a total convert. I don't think I've turned my phone to landscape mode once since installing the Swype beta. The only time I have trouble is when I'm at work and I have "tacky finger" stuff on my fingers for shuffling papers, but that's my fault, not Swype's. Every person who has seen me use it thinks it's slick, too.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair