Any of you old Storm2 junkies still use the compact keyboard (BB suretype) on the D.Inc? Or have you all converted to some other typing method?
    06-19-2010 03:40 PM
    Yeah sure do

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk
    06-19-2010 03:52 PM
    Same here. tried swipe but uninstalled since it doesn't have a voice button and stopped working on occasion. not a big fan of the landscape kbd especially since I have to rotate the opposite way than what I do naturally.
    06-19-2010 04:07 PM
    After 1 1/2 years on Suretype, I was faster on Swype after about 3 days.

Not even close for speed AND accuracy.
    06-19-2010 04:12 PM
    I have found the stock sense keyboard to be ok. I haven't even tried the compact yet. I may give it a whirl just to see if I like it any better.

Aaron
    06-19-2010 04:16 PM
    Yeah when i tested out the Compact keyboard while i was trying out the phone at Verizon, just doesn't feel the same without the surepress there. And I found myself typing just as fast with the landscape, but like what rhippler said, I'm used to turning the phone to the left to and having the BB menu keys on the right side, but the D.Inc can only rotate the other direction!?

Gotta root my phone the second I get it so it'll fix this.
    06-19-2010 04:32 PM
    I loved suretype on my storm but I just find myself using the stock HTC keyboard.
    06-19-2010 05:09 PM
    Yeah I really liked SureType on the Storm, but since getting Swype I could care less about SureType lol.
    06-19-2010 06:07 PM
    Yeah when i tested out the Compact keyboard while i was trying out the phone at Verizon, just doesn't feel the same without the surepress there. And I found myself typing just as fast with the landscape, but like what rhippler said, I'm used to turning the phone to the left to and having the BB menu keys on the right side, but the D.Inc can only rotate the other direction!?

Gotta root my phone the second I get it so it'll fix this.
    Unless I am not understanding... the Incredible rotates the same way as you describe... with the bottom of the phone on the right-hand side when in landscape.

I've found that I can type as accurately with the full keyboard in portrait as I could with the 9550's suretype/surepress combo.
    06-20-2010 10:34 AM
    I tried, since I love the compact qwerty. But I found the stock keyboard doesn't have multi touch, so I find it frustrating that I type faster than it can recognize.
    06-20-2010 10:53 AM
    Unless I am not understanding... the Incredible rotates the same way as you describe... with the bottom of the phone on the right-hand side when in landscape.

I've found that I can type as accurately with the full keyboard in portrait as I could with the 9550's suretype/surepress combo.
    Oh really?? See all my hands on experience comes from about 10 minutes of play in store. Could it be cause it was plugged in it didnt rotate one way? I dunno.. lol. Still cant wait to get mine so I can play with all the different keyboards though!

I tried, since I love the compact qwerty. But I found the stock keyboard doesn't have multi touch, so I find it frustrating that I type faster than it can recognize.
    This to me seems like something an update or rom can eventually fix. The technology is in the phone, but just not in the keyboard. I'm just hoping they would come up with some fix.
    06-20-2010 11:39 AM
    The screen only rotates to the left. If you to the phone to the left, it rotates.
    06-20-2010 12:34 PM
    Swype 4 life
    06-20-2010 10:38 PM
    I use Swype when in portrait, but I mostly use the landscape keyboard.
    06-20-2010 10:51 PM
    I was struggling for a hot minute using the xt9, now that I got swype saturday morning life is good. Now i just need to learn how to spell better.
    Swype | Text Input for Screens
    06-21-2010 06:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD