Power Mat - Compatiable with Inc?

dansod

Apr 25, 2010
Visit site
My son got me a power mat for Father's Day. Looks great, but I think it doesn't support Droid phones. Unless you use the adapter, which means still plugging into the microUSB? Which doesn't add the functionality of the mat.

Has anyone been using for their Inc?

Thanks,
Dan

makya53

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
Happy fathers day..i have apower matt and refuse to plug in an adaptor just like you. I hasn't found anything yet but I will start looking again. The last time I looked was over a month ago.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

MutantCheese

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
I emailed them about this a week ago. Here was the reply:

Thank you for your email.

We are unsure of what products are coming out and a specific date. We believe that in the summer time there will be more receivers. Again, we don't know for which products. Please keep checking our website for updates.

Thank You,
Ken

Consumer Relations Representative

lsmunoz

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I got the same exact response from Robert. I fired back with a response akin to left hand not knowing what the right hand is doing. I have been holding off on PowerMat purchase until DInc is supported and I let them know that. I hope that if enough people piss and moan they might prodece o shut us up.

318sugarhill

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
I was against pluggin in the powermat cube into my phone as well, until I started using it. My wife and I had BB's with the adapters on the back, and we keep the powermat on the counter. Was easy to just drop and charge. I switched to the droid incredible and while it is just the same as pluggin in the cord, it still is easy to have my wife's phone and mine charge in the same spot. Plus, I can keep the USB cable that's part of the charger with my computer instead of running to get it everytime I want to connect it. Since it is micro USB like my BB, I keep the original BB charger at work for an extra boost on days I use it alot.

Like you guys, I got the same response from Ken at powermat. Back in January, they said their "powerpaks" a.k.a. batteries with powermat magnet induction would be out in May. Obviously they are behind, but HTC was one of the phones listed to have products. Since the Dinc battery is compatible with other HTC phones, it is highly likely you will see a powerpak for it. It is not cost effective for them to make products for phones that are not widely popular, but with the popularity of the Dinc, and the compatibility with other HTC products, expect to see one by August. Rumor is that Powermat has been trying hard to have their technology implanted in devices by their manufacturers.

Just an FYI, the travel powermat works through silicone skins and other cases, where I've had no luck with the regular powermat.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol