Switching from hosted exchange to google apps.
    How will my google apps mail be handled on the Incredible, will I configure the HTC mail client to handle this or some other way.
    Any help will be a big help!!
    06-22-2010 11:39 AM
    I use gmail and do not use the HTC mail app. I use the gmail app that is on the phone. There is no mail account set up on the HTC mail app for myself.
    06-22-2010 11:45 AM
    jdposhkus - I am in a similar situation where I am looking at either hosted exchange $10/mos or Google Premiere apps using my registered domain which will allow you to use exchange. I would then point my email (Gmail and private email) accounts to my single Google Premier account for $50/yr. I have Exchange by Touchdown and the full license so I can have my personal contacts/calendar/email separated from my work contacts/calendar/email. The only thing is I haven't run into anyone using Google Apps Premiere, yet.

Thoughts anyone?
    06-22-2010 11:56 AM
    Switching from hosted exchange to google apps.
    How will my google apps mail be handled on the Incredible, will I configure the HTC mail client to handle this or some other way.
    Any help will be a big help!!
    definitely use the GMAIL app. it will push your emails instantly, you will get the threaded conversations, labels, 2-way sync, etc. basically all your gmail features will be available if you add it that way. just like with gmail, you go to settings, accounts & sync, add account, google. then it is pretty straight forward.

good thing you made the switch. i personally like google apps better than any other corporate email client.
    06-22-2010 11:56 AM
    jdposhkus - I am in a similar situation where I am looking at either hosted exchange $10/mos or Google Premiere apps using my registered domain which will allow you to use exchange. I would then point my email (Gmail and private email) accounts to my single Google Premier account for $50/yr. I have Exchange by Touchdown and the full license so I can have my personal contacts/calendar/email separated from my work contacts/calendar/email. The only thing is I haven't run into anyone using Google Apps Premiere, yet.

Thoughts anyone?
    hey man, if you don't need the extra features of premier, like 25GB space, etc., then i would go with the free version of google apps. if gives you the same amount of space as a gmail account and all the same features. once you get your work email on a google apps account, it is basically treated like a gmail account. you will have the calendar, docs, and chat features. it will sync to your phone just as seamless as your gmail did. you can even use that for your google talk if you would like. you can also keep your personal gmail account and your google apps one on the phone at the same time and manage the emails/contacts separately. only thing is that the calendar can only be synced to one or the other.
    06-22-2010 12:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD