I could write a book about the silent call bug on an Eris after the 2.1 update. But apparently my Incredible decided to start doing the same thing this morning. It has only done it once and a reboot solved it. Anyone else having/have this issue before with their Inc??
    06-23-2010 09:32 AM
    Are you saying the silent bug is the phone not ringing for an incoming call if so that happened to me yesterday morning for the first time.
    06-23-2010 09:43 AM
    I just noticed it again when I received a Google Voice without the phone ringing so I went to return the call and couldn't so I had to restart twice to get it working again.

Anyone else having this issue.
    06-23-2010 01:02 PM
    When I get text messages I only get the vibrate and no sound.
    06-23-2010 02:33 PM
    This happens on my BB all the time. I'll be glad to get rid of it finally.
    06-23-2010 02:56 PM
    I would normally recommend checking whether you have "Quiet ring on pickup" enabled (Settings > Sounds & Display), and guessing that the movement sensor is reading either falsely or overly sensitive. And that may be worth checking into. I had to disable mine because it would quiet the ringer while I was walking or driving and I'd miss calls.

However, mclarryjr's description of his issue (can't call back w/o reboot) would not be affected by that setting.
    06-23-2010 03:47 PM
    It has nothing to do with ringing. The phone rings fine, it's the silent call bug. I answer the phone no sound and nobody can hear me. Hang up they call back same thing. Hang up I call them I never hear the rings etc. The only way to fix it, is to reboot the phone.

I have found through a bit of Googling that this has been reported across several forums, and apparently HTC and Verizon has admitted it's a known issue and they are working on a fix. This goes along with what Verizon told me last week when they told me Google/HTC where looking to push a patch out to the Eris/Incredible, and Moto Droid....not sure why the Droid. Anywho....it hasn't happened before and it hasn't happened the rest of today, so go figure.
    06-23-2010 04:23 PM
    It has nothing to do with ringing. The phone rings fine, it's the silent call bug. I answer the phone no sound and nobody can hear me. Hang up they call back same thing. Hang up I call them I never hear the rings etc. The only way to fix it, is to reboot the phone.

I have found through a bit of Googling that this has been reported across several forums, and apparently HTC and Verizon has admitted it's a known issue and they are working on a fix. This goes along with what Verizon told me last week when they told me Google/HTC where looking to push a patch out to the Eris/Incredible, and Moto Droid....not sure why the Droid. Anywho....it hasn't happened before and it hasn't happened the rest of today, so go figure.
    I have experienced this, too, but only after installing or updating an app. Fortunately, not for a couple of weeks, now. (let me go find some wood to knock).
    06-24-2010 07:10 AM

This happened yesterday. I thought it was just a bad connection or something because the person called me right back and then I could hear them just fine.
    06-24-2010 07:54 AM
    I still have this problem. It has caused some major inconveniences for me at work. Is there a fix soon? I always thought HTC was a great smartphone maker, but may be a deal breaker.
    08-11-2010 01:00 PM
    I still have this problem. It has caused some major inconveniences for me at work. Is there a fix soon? I always thought HTC was a great smartphone maker, but may be a deal breaker.
    i think HTC is an excellent smartphone maker. i think this issue would be a problem in android, google's problem, not really HTC's fault. though they both would be responsible to fix this bug.
    08-11-2010 02:59 PM
    I had this problem while paired to my blue tooth headset but no other time. I am also experiencing a problem when it is on vibrate only it switches over to silent but it doesn't do it if it is set to ring. Any one else having this problem or have a suggestion?
    08-11-2010 03:47 PM
    This happened to me yesterday, "power/volume/scroll pad" restart... was using my blue tooth headset also... Hope it don't happen to often.
    08-11-2010 06:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD