Help me out?, I'm new to this

johnhouk34135

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site
I am trying to learn my way around the tech side of my phone.
I imagine to get many "read this" "read that" type replies.

I have not yet rooted it because I haven't realized many advantages. The only reasons I've come across is to 1 change how the ui works, and 2 (what appears to me to be) reallocate the ram usage. ...I've noticed the "Memory Manager" in my "File Expert" app where you can distribute between Foreground apps, Visible Apps, Secondary Apps, Hidden Apps, Content Provider, and Empty Apps. I don't think there is such a thing in the world of Windows so I'm a little confused about it. I assume altering this may remedy the "not enough space" problem I run into occasionally that stops me from sending and receiving texts. I'm also assuming that this is the "Phone memory" listed under "SD card" and "Internal phone storage" on the "SD & phone storage" area of my settings.

There's a lot of terminology that I'd like to be sure I understand. Here are my assumptions: Bootloader - a file that directs the firmware to the operating system
Rom - single file software. not sure what all it includes. I have a feeling its similar to explorer.exe in windows.
Hboot files - no clue
radio files - no clue

I also don't really understand the difference in all the version numbers listed in "Software Information"

Any help on this stuff would be appreciated. :D
I also plan to open another thread to request help bypassing an ota update and doing it manually, and possibly rooting.

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
There's a lot of terminology that I'd like to be sure I understand. Here are my assumptions: Bootloader - a file that directs the firmware to the operating system
Rom - single file software. not sure what all it includes. I have a feeling its similar to explorer.exe in windows.
Hboot files - no clue
radio files - no clue

I also don't really understand the difference in all the version numbers listed in "Software Information"

Any help on this stuff would be appreciated. :D
I also plan to open another thread to request help bypassing an ota update and doing it manually, and possibly rooting.

The bootloader is what loads all of the software when the phone is started. If your boot loader is locked then you can not change the Recovery or make changes to the System partition of the phone.

A ROM is an Operating system for the phone. It's usually distributed as a .zip file and contains at minimum the System fiels and Kernel as well as essential apps. It may or may not contain radio files. 3rd party ROM's do not contain radios.

HBOOT is the version of the bootloader software that starts up the whole shebang.

Radio files are driver files for the radio hardware on the phone. Do not update the radio unless you are very sure of what you are doing. Some OEM updates come with radio files built in, if they are pushed OTA then you'll be fine flashing them. If you are downloading them from my site or another, then be sure to check the MD5 before flashing any update or software load that contains a radio.

Flashing a bad radio file is a sure way to brick you device for good.

Hope this helps.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX