Hi All,
    This is my first post after lurking for weeks.

I am having a problem syncing my Google contacts and calendar between my DInc and my computer.

If I enter a new contact or event into my Google calendar / contacts on my computer it automatically syncs to my phone.

If I enter the info on my phone it just sits there.

Coming from the BB world there was a setting to choose between 1 way and 2 way sync and which device would win etc.. Did I miss something simple?

I thought that one of the main features of a Google account was OTA syncing?

Sorry if this has been discussed before, all of my searches came up with info regarding complicated syncing between Outlook and such, no info on something as (hopefully) simple as this.
    06-24-2010 12:02 PM
    When you enter a NEW contact onto your phone, underneath CONTACT TYPE, are you leaving it on PHONE or changing it to GOOGLE (with your email address next to it)? if you choose phone, it will only stay on your phone. I know kind of lame that it defaults to that. And what sucks even more is that there isn't a way to transfer the contact from one end to another. This might make it easier to moved your phone contacts over to google. then from now one, choose the google option when saving contacts.

1. on your phone, find the PEOPLE app, open it up.
    2. hit MENU, VIEW, choose only the PHONE contacts. it should be a much smaller number than google.
    3. now when you go back to people, you see all the phone contacts.
    4. login to gmail on your computer, view your contacts.
    5. now the shi**y part, copy each contact 1 by 1 to your gmail contacts.
    6. as you copy each one, i would delete it off your phone.
    7. then go back to PEOPLE, MENU, VIEW, and choose google.
    8. you should see your copied contacts come through immediately.
    woodford likes this.
    06-24-2010 01:00 PM
    TR,
    Thanks, were halfway there.

I checked and you were right about saving contacts to my phone as opposed to Google, that part works perfectly now that I changed it.

I still can not get calendar entries to sync from my DInc to my computer, but they will sync from my computer to my phone.

Any more suggestions?
    06-25-2010 10:38 AM
    Are you using Outlook on your computer? If so, have you installed and configured Google Calendar Sync?
    06-25-2010 12:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD