Ok I get a email and the 1 that shows up by the email icon does go away after I delete the email. Any clue how to solve this problem.
    06-24-2010 01:17 PM
    Ok I get a email and the 1 that shows up by the email icon does go away after I delete the email. Any clue how to solve this problem.
    in gmail or in HTC's mail app?

I've been having a similar issue with the HTC mail app where certain emails will continually come back after I delete them.
    I believe I'm still having issues with WiFi being connected sometimes and then not connected when I'm not home. I haven't done a lot of experimenting yet, but need to.
    06-24-2010 06:16 PM
    In the HTC mail app, if you delete it on the phone, but not off the server it will re-download it.

I have my HTC client set to only pull one day’s mail. I like to use the mail to handle immediate emergencies and give me a heads up as to what has hit the oscillator while I was out of the office so this is not a big inconvenience for me.

One unexpected benefit is that every morning the mail app starts out clean. I found that I really like that.

In the HTC app the number refers to unread e-mails. I haven’t tested it but I would guess that if you delete it w/o reading it, it might not immediately register. However, it will re-download if you did not also delete it off the server anyway so I guess it’s moot.

I’m currently set up as a pop3/imap. I have not tested with Exchange.
    06-24-2010 10:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD