Friend just called from North Carolina and said that his store cancelled his Incredible order because Verizon has discontinued the phone, due to screen availability. They talked him into an Ally and he is not happy. I told him to order online but this is ridiculous. Why can't Verizon get their act together, when it comes to feature phones?
    06-24-2010 05:38 PM
    Another store? Have many people been hearing this? it seems hard to believe...
    06-24-2010 05:59 PM
    I dont think this is true , i got my from a store in New york city. No problems. I should say i orderd at store on Broadway.Coming soon.
    06-24-2010 06:02 PM
    Not another one of these...ugh
    06-24-2010 06:06 PM
    I live in north carolina and heard nothing close to that statement .So I think(know) that is bogus, and yes I have been in contact with vzw
    06-24-2010 06:07 PM
    I don't think they are discontinued......I think the rep is trying to meet his sales.

Same thing happened to my brother ( a berry user for years) and they told him the eris was the best one out......he called me and then told the rep to pound salt and got another rep and his incredible was ordered, in Hoboken
    06-24-2010 06:10 PM
    Yeah I called VZW for him and the rep told me they are back ordered but not discontinued. I agree, these reps are doing whatever they have to to make their sales by the end of the month. The VZW rep told him to bypass the store and call his order in. The store is in southern NC, near Beaufort.
    06-24-2010 06:25 PM
    Sometimes Reps will say anything. I had a whining high pitched whistle noise coming from my charger, and they tried telling me it was my phone making an SD card notification. I was like no that is not what is happening, but they were persistent. It was insulting so I left and will call customer service. Long story short, you can't always believe what the Reps say lol.
    06-24-2010 06:26 PM
    here we go again... SKU's (bundles, extras. etc) are being discontinued - not the phone.
    06-24-2010 07:11 PM
    It's not discontinued.
    06-25-2010 08:44 AM
    A friend of mine didn't just call me to say that they could order the Incredible. This must mean the Incredible is discontinued. Every product in history that has been discontinued is always followed by the lack of a call from my friend saying he could order it. I am so bummed.

lol
    06-25-2010 08:55 AM
    If it were discontinued, they wouldn't still have commercials on TV which I have seen a few of recently.
    06-25-2010 01:36 PM
    I think we can all agree the DI isn't going anywhere so lets put this to bed please. ;-)
    06-25-2010 02:29 PM
    Until this rumor is validated through some sort of press release and/or picked up by one of the major tech sites, I don't see the point in having this discussion. I've already had to lock one of these threads because it turned into a bunch of name calling.
    06-25-2010 02:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD